Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming book on linux application written with c Post 302688769 by alister on Monday 20th of August 2012 07:09:16 AM
Old 08-20-2012
The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
by Michael Kerrisk

Regards,
Alister

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux book

Hi guys, i have a book about Linux Red Hat 6.2 and I was wondering if this book will "fit" (be compatible) on Linux RedHat 7.1 or 7.2? thanx :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ozzy20
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the book Hacking Linux Exposed

i have the book Hacking Linux Exposed. Why is it that a lot of these commands dont work in my RH8 system? Do you need a special package? Or are they outdated? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASpin
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating on a file being written by another application

Hi, I have a directory that is used to store files generated by another application. Each file is huge and can take some time to produce. I am writing a shell script to check the names and dates of the files and do some functions on the ones that are not being written out. My question is, if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

5. Programming

Linking Linux Driver written in C with ASM module

Hi, I have got sample linux driver written in C. I got also some assembly code, compiled into .o file (using as compiler). In my Makefile I got: obj-m += someDriver.o someDriver-objs := CFile1.o CFile2.o ASMFile.o default: $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modulesUnfortunatelly I cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

An algorithm to be written in linux command

Hi All, I wrote the following script in R. However, i can not run it. Because the data file is so big. Therefore, i need to write it in shell script. Could you please help me? ###################################### data=as.matrix(read.table("data.txt"))... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux book

Hi, Can any one suggest me which book will be good for learning Linux server admin. I am new to it and trying for interview preparation. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the best book to learn linux kernel?

I'm looking for a book to learn Linux Kernel Now I got a basic C and operating system concept Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Runicer
1 Replies
SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3) 						 1						   SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)

simplexml_import_dom - Get a SimpleXMLElementobject from a DOM node.

SYNOPSIS
SimpleXMLElement simplexml_import_dom (DOMNode $node, [string $class_name = "SimpleXMLElement"]) DESCRIPTION
This function takes a node of a DOM document and makes it into a SimpleXML node. This new object can then be used as a native SimpleXML element. PARAMETERS
o $node - A DOM Element node o $class_name - You may use this optional parameter so that simplexml_import_dom(3) will return an object of the specified class. That class should extend the SimpleXMLElement class. RETURN VALUES
Returns a SimpleXMLElement or FALSE on failure. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Importing DOM <?php $dom = new DOMDocument; $dom->loadXML('<books><book><title>blah</title></book></books>'); if (!$dom) { echo 'Error while parsing the document'; exit; } $s = simplexml_import_dom($dom); echo $s->book[0]->title; ?> The above example will output: blah SEE ALSO
dom_import_simplexml(3), "Basic SimpleXML usage". PHP Documentation Group SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)