Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files Post 302688647 by Madhusudan Das on Sunday 19th of August 2012 09:46:28 PM
Old 08-19-2012
Methyle BASIC Specifications are :
1) Will copy the data to a subfolder and rename them as .CSV files.
2) Delete all the lines from each file which are not having "ASPRODUCTSUMMARY" word in the file in the subdirectory files were copied
3) append each line of each file with CASEID and STUDYTYPE which are extracted from the filename itself. For example if the filename is 1400009823_RTBM_20120614_1715_0_0_0_002.CSV so the caseid ='1400009823' and studytype='RTBM'. So this should repeat for each file and append in front of each line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ambiguous redirect

i have following statement in the script echo -e "$str_XML_col_name:$str_field_type;" >> $i_DC_Key_$i_Tgt_DC_key_Schema here $i_DC_Key is DC key and $i_Tgt_DC_key are the variables............... when i ran the script i am getting error rec_merge.sh: $i_DC_Key_$i_Tgt_DC_key_Schema:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

> to empty files, but ambiguous redirect

Hi Everyone, # ll total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-05-13 11:29 a1.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-05-13 11:29 a2.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-05-13 11:29 a3.log # rm a.log above rm no problem, but when i use "> a.log", it says "-bash: a.log: ambiguous redirect". ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ambiguous redirect issue

I am trying to run the following script and I am getting an "ambiguous redirect" error. I have checked to make sure that the files are all where I have specified and are read/write as needed. Any ideas? Note: I have removed the actual path info for privacy sake. I have triple checked to make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malantha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous redirect

Hello there, I'm totally new in bash programming and ran into my first problem. My script should generate 3 textfiles where the content of the first and the third row are the same in each file. Only the second row is different. This is what I did in a very simplified explanation: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johndoe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving 'ambiguous redirect' when trying to run command against multiple files

I came across the command string on https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/141885-awk-removing-data-before-after-pattern.html which was what I was looking for to be able to remove data before a certain pattern. However, outputting the result to a file seems to work on an individual basis... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous error

Hello everybody, I just took over this job from someone else and in the past this script they built worked but i recently upgraded from openSuSe 11.4 to 12.1 Now when i run the script i get an ambiguous error at line 25 (the first line after add() ) I have edited out the webpath and any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gumbicus
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect in xterm

Hi all, I've been working on a bash script to help with backups that I have to do at work. One of the lines in the script is supposed to launch an xterm, log into a specific server node and launch a tar backup to tape. This part works ok, but I've been trying to get stdout and stderr to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exitalterego
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

$1”: ambiguous redirect

New to the site, please let me know I'm not meeting the post guidelines. I'm creating a bash script to generate a report with output from a grep command. The goal is to direct the output to a different log file by using a 'logger file'. But I get this error during the run: $1: ambiguous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallas88
5 Replies
yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)				      General Commands Manual					 yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)

NAME
yhsm-linux-add-entropy - Seed the Linux entropy pool with data from YubiHSM TRNG SYNOPSIS
yhsm-linux-add-entropy [options] DESCRIPTION
The YubiHSM uses "Avalanche Noise" TRNG together with USB SOF jitter sampling to feed a DRBG_CTR algorithm (NIST publication SP800-90). The result has been verified as being random data of good quality by at least one third party cryptographer. <http://sartryck.idg.se/Art/ Yubihsm_1_TW072011.html> Use this program to add random data from the YubiHSM to the entropy pool of your Linux operating system. This is useful whenever lots of random data is needed, such as when generating chryptographic keys (GPG-keys), on a server terminating SSL sessions etc. You may run this script from cron, or in a while-loop. Make sure it does not run at the same time as something else accessing the YubiHSM though, or the two tasks may interrupt each other - probably making both fail. OPTIONS
-D, --device device file name (default: /dev/ttyACM0). -v, --verbose enable verbose operation. -c, --count number of iterations to run (default: 100). -r, --ratio bits per byte read to use. 8 is probably fine, but as a conservative default 2 is used. --debug enable debug printout, including all data sent to/from YubiHSM. EXIT STATUS
0 Entropy added successfully 1 Failure BUGS
Report python-pyhsm/yhsm-linux-add-entropy bugs in the issue tracker <https://github.com/Yubico/python-pyhsm/issues/> SEE ALSO
The python-pyhsm home page <https://github.com/Yubico/python-pyhsm/> YubiHSMs can be obtained from Yubico <http://www.yubico.com/>. python-pyhsm December 2011 yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)