Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Not able to Display the Catched Signal Post 302688547 by alister on Sunday 19th of August 2012 03:14:59 PM
Old 08-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam.sunder91
im supposed to get the result output as Rx signal usr1 but i havnt why soSmilie
Are you certain that it isn't being printed? Are you running the binary in the background while trying to send signals to it? If so, depending on your terminal settings, an attempt to write to the terminal could stop the process. Also, note that your printf statements do not have a terminating newline. Perhaps it did print but you missed it? Perhaps the output got lost among other output, such as the shell prompt? Depending on how you called it, perhaps its stdout has been redirected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam.sunder91
Code:
        while(1);
        pause();

Your code spins needlessly. while (1); cpu usage will hit 100% and pause() is never reached. You can accomplish your goal without using any cpu between signals: while (1) pause(); or even while (pause());

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

thread::signal

Hi,all! Now ,I write perl for windows platform,and will use signal for asynchronous operations ,but I find it could bring some bugs if it is used incorrectly ,pls help!!! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hhh101
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alarm signal

Hi, when I execute a script on unix AIX, I've got an error message: "Execution: 85328 Signal d'alarme". If I edit this file with "vi", I ve got the same error after a while (about 1 minute). If I try with another user I still have the problem. But if I rename this file, no problem. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgsteph
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Signal question

Who can explain the meaning of the &2 &1 or @, #, etc in the script? Is there any document which can explain the usage of these words in details? for example: ls /etc/sysconfig/network > /dev/null 2>&1 #@ bash, ksh and sh. Thanks in advance for ur advice. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. Programming

Signal Problem

I am using the signal function, and passing it a function named quit procedure...I get the following warning.... passing arg2 of signal from incompatible pointer type... void quit_procedure(void); //this is the way i define my prototype... signal(SIGINT, quit_procedure); Please guide... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to block signal

I have this code that doesnt do what it is suppose to do. It should block signal that I send while process is running. I press control+z while this process is running and it should be blocked but it isnt. When i press control+z it gives me this.... + Stopped When I change SIGTSP into SIGINT then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

8. Programming

queue a signal

A program have to receive signals and work agreed with it, but the process have to receive more than one signal when it is attending other. Those have to be queued to be attended later recived. how can i do that? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmaster
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case signal

Task 1: #!/bin/ksh if then echo "Usage : $0 Signalnumber PID" exit fi case "$1" in 1) echo "Sending SIGHUP signal" kill -SIGHUP $2 ;; 2) echo "Sending SIGINT signal" kill -SIGINT $2 ;; 3) echo "Sending SIGQUIT signal" kill -SIGQUIT $2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
3 Replies
KILL(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           KILL(1)

NAME
kill - send a signal to a process SYNOPSIS
kill [options] <pid> [...] DESCRIPTION
The default signal for kill is TERM. Use -l or -L to list available signals. Particularly useful signals include HUP, INT, KILL, STOP, CONT, and 0. Alternate signals may be specified in three ways: -9, -SIGKILL or -KILL. Negative PID values may be used to choose whole process groups; see the PGID column in ps command output. A PID of -1 is special; it indicates all processes except the kill process itself and init. OPTIONS
<pid> [...] Send signal to every <pid> listed. -<signal> -s <signal> --signal <signal> Specify the signal to be sent. The signal can be specified by using name or number. The behavior of signals is explained in sig- nal(7) manual page. -l, --list [signal] List signal names. This option has optional argument, which will convert signal number to signal name, or other way round. -L, --table List signal names in a nice table. NOTES Your shell (command line interpreter) may have a built-in kill command. You may need to run the command described here as /bin/kill to solve the conflict. EXAMPLES
kill -9 -1 Kill all processes you can kill. kill -l 11 Translate number 11 into a signal name. kill -L List the available signal choices in a nice table. kill 123 543 2341 3453 Send the default signal, SIGTERM, to all those processes. SEE ALSO
kill(2), killall(1), nice(1), pkill(1), renice(1), signal(7), skill(1) STANDARDS
This command meets appropriate standards. The -L flag is Linux-specific. AUTHOR
Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote kill in 1999 to replace a bsdutils one that was not standards compliant. The util-linux one might also work correctly. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng October 2011 KILL(1)