Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system Post 302688449 by nikhil kasar on Sunday 19th of August 2012 09:43:42 AM
Old 08-19-2012
restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all
i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it?

right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem
please help some production data is to be restore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore mysql dump file in many remote servers?

Hi all, I want to restore DB file in many mysql servers, i already using script for sending the dumpfile in all servers, but it's just annoying if i have to restore the dumpfile in all servers, i want just execute 1 script, and will restore in all remote mysql servers. I make script but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to remove a ufs file system?

Hello, On a box with Solaris 10 I created a ufs file system and now I need to remove that file system. How do I remove a ufs file system on Solaris 10? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmichner
5 Replies

4. Solaris

backup,restore and ufs snapshot

dear all, i want to perform back up,restore and snapshot activities in the hard disk using solaries 10. how can i do this, can any body provide me step by step precedure for that. waiting for reply. al amin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restore a dump file on the disk

Hi all, i am a real dummy to unix and in need of help.My platform is Sun solaris(5.9) I have a dump file, an oracle cold backup taken with ufsdump command. This dump file resides on the disk, not the tape. I want to extract this dump file to a directory. But i cant, i read about ufsrestore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merope
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ufs file system

I ;ve an application which has does not support zfs and i 've a 100Gb Lun with zfs on it , how to go back to ufs .. and use SVM for the same ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

9. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)