Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl in tcsh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl in tcsh Post 302688073 by spacebar on Friday 17th of August 2012 02:43:38 PM
Old 08-17-2012
Code:
> perl --help
Usage: perl [switches] [--] [programfile] [arguments]
  -0[octal]       specify record separator (\0, if no argument)
  -a              autosplit mode with -n or -p (splits $_ into @F)
  -C[number/list]enables the listed Unicode features
  -c              check syntax only (runs BEGIN and CHECK blocks)
  -d[:debugger]   run program under debugger
  -D[number/list]set debugging flags (argument is a bit mask or alphabets)
  -e program      one line of program (several -e's allowed, omit programfile)
  -F/pattern/     split() pattern for -a switch (//'s are optional)
  -i[extension]   edit <> files in place (makes backup if extension supplied)
  -Idirectory     specify @INC/#include directory (several -I's allowed)
  -l[octal]       enable line ending processing, specifies line terminator
  -[mM][-]module  execute `use/no module...' before executing program
  -n              assume 'while (<>) { ... }' loop around program
  -p              assume loop like -n but print line also, like sed
  -P              run program through C preprocessor before compilation
  -s              enable rudimentary parsing for switches after programfile
  -S              look for programfile using PATH environment variable
  -t              enable tainting warnings
  -T              enable tainting checks
  -u              dump core after parsing program
  -U              allow unsafe operations
  -v              print version, subversion (includes VERY IMPORTANT perl info)
  -V[:variable]   print configuration summary (or a single Config.pm variable)
  -w              enable many useful warnings (RECOMMENDED)
  -W              enable all warnings
  -x[directory]   strip off text before #!perl line and perhaps cd to directory
  -X              disable all warnings

Code:
sleep s # Where 's' is seconds to sleep

hth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About tcsh shell

Hello, Why tcsh shell is not recommended ? then which one is better ? Also can you please let me know how to change own shell and config file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh issues

HI, I am having strange issues with my tcsh shell. First, the "ln" command doesnt seem to work properly. I have a file "target" that is pointing to "file1". I cannot access file1 but that shouldnt matter. when I do this, ln -sf file2 target I get permission denied that I cannot access the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging out in tcsh

Hi! I want to log out of the tcsh shell without updating the history? Thanks, Jack. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh Problems with # and []

Hallo, I try to write a program which processes an input-file linewise. I created the following minimal example: hash-problem:#!/bin/tcsh foreach text ("`cat $1`") echo $text endUsually, it works as expected, but there are two problems: 1. If the argument of hash-problem has an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielDD
3 Replies
nqp(1)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    nqp(1)

NAME
nqp - Not Quite Perl Compiler SYNOPSIS
nqp [switches] [--] [programfile] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments, enters a REPL. With a "[programfile]" or the "-e" option, compiles the given program and by default also executes the compiled code. -c check syntax only (runs BEGIN and CHECK blocks) -e program one line of program -h, --help display this help text --target=[stage] specify compilation stage to emit -t, --trace=[flags] enable trace flags, see 'parrot --help-debug' --encoding=[mode] specify string encoding mode -o, --output=[name] specify name of output file -v, --version display version information --stagestats display time spent in the compilation stages --ll-backtrace display a low level backtrace on errors Note that only boolean single-letter options may be bundled Supported stages for --target are: parse past post pir evalpmc where parse = a representation of the parse tree past = an intermediate format representing the parrot abstract syntax tree post = an intermediate format representing the parrot opcode syntax tree pir = the parrot intermediate representation PARROT OPTIONS
To specify options to the underlying parrot VM, you must explicitly run parrot; you cannot specify these options by using the "perl6" executable. parrot [parrot switches] perl6.pbc [switches] [--] [programfile] [arguments] See "parrot --help" for a list of valid parrot options. AUTHORS
Written by the NQP contributors, see the CREDITS file. This manual page was written by Alessandro Ghedini for the Debian project, and may be used by others. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-24 nqp(1)