Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help configuring SSH on HP-UX Post 302688039 by rm-r on Friday 17th of August 2012 01:07:12 PM
Old 08-17-2012
Yes I have another Unix server I can use.

I was able to remotely connect from one Unix server to the other, using the "ssh" command. It worked on the first try... I love Unix!

Last edited by rm-r; 08-21-2012 at 12:45 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring.....

Hi Folks, I would like to learn the basics of unix administration like configuring telnet, ftp, smtp,etc.. Could u suggest me a good site for learning it??? or the methodology that has to be followed for learning it??? TIA, Nisha :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to add register key on ssh server

Hi, I want to use ssh to add a register key on remote ssh server. Since there are space characters in my register key string, it always failed. If there is no space characters in the string, it worked fine. The following is what I have tried. It seems that "ssh" command doesn't care about double... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: leaftree
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configuring the SSH keys..

I am currently working on setting up a server to scp some files over for backup purposes. Server 1 - Bob (Appliance) Server 2 - Sana (RH 5) Server 1 - 1 - Generated RSA2 2 - Collected the public key to be input on the backup server = Sana Server 2 - 1 - This is were I am stuck the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists via ssh in ssh (nested)

I'm using redhat and have an odd issue with a nested ssh call. ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key -q transfer@fserver1 ] && ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key transfer@fserver1 "ssh -i ~/.ssh/sftp-key sftpin@10.0.0.1 ]" && ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key transfer@fserver1 "scp -i ~/.ssh/sftp-key /home/S/outbox/*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail

Hi, I am using sendmail. I need to do the following: Send all internal emails to one relay, send to a particular external domain via a relay that required authentication. Could someone please advise on configuration? I tried one possibility but it failed. Posting "Does not work" without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat) 			     Unix Domain client Socket				   FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::LocalClientSocket - Client Socket connecting to a Server in the Unix Domain SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/localclientsocket> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
An FBB::LocalClientSocket may be constructed to connect to a server process in the Unix Domain. The socket made available by the FBB:Local- ClientSocket may be used to initialize a std::istream and/or std::ostream. The std::istream is used to read information from the server process to which the FBB::LocalClientSocket connects, The std::ostream is used to send information to the server process to which the FBB::LocalClientSocket connects. Since a socket may be considered a file descriptor the avaiable FBB::IFdStream, FBB::IFdStreamBuf, FBB::OFdStream, and FBB::OFdStreamBuf classes may be used profitably here. Note that having available a socket does not mean that this defines the communication protocol. It is (still) the responsibility of the programmer to comply with an existing protocol or to implement a tailor-made protocol. The latter situation implies that the sequence of input- and output operations is defined by the programmer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
FBB::LocalSocketBase CONSTRUCTOR
o LocalClientSocket(): This constructor merely creates a FBB::LocalClientSocket object. Before it can be used, its open() member must be called. o LocalClientSocket(std::string const &name): This constructor initializes an FBB::LocalClientSocket object, using the named Unix Domain socket to connect to the server using the named Unix Domain socket. An FBB::Errno is thrown if the socket could not be constructed. The construction of the socket does not mean that a connection has actually been established. In order to connect to the server, the member connect() (see below) should be used. The copy constructor is not available. MEMBER FUNCTION
o int connect(): This member returns a socket that can be used to communicate with the server process. An FBB::Errno exception is thrown if the con- nection could not be established. o open(std::string const &name): This member function prepares the FBB::LocalClientSocket object, constructed earlier using the default constructor, for use. The named Unix Domain socket is used to connect to the server using the named Unix Domain socket. An FBB::Errno is thrown if the socket could not be constructed. The construction of the socket does not mean that a connection has actually been established. In order to connect to the server, the member connect() should be used. EXAMPLE
See also the localserversocket(3bobcat) example. #include <iostream> #include <bobcat/localclientsocket> #include <bobcat/ifdstream> #include <bobcat/ofdstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main(int argc, char **argv) try { if (argc == 1) { cerr << "Provide filename representing the unix domain socket "; return 1; } LocalClientSocket client(argv[1]); int fd = client.connect(); string line; cout << "Connecting to socket " << fd << endl; IFdStream in(fd); // stream to read from OFdStream out(fd); // stream to write to while (true) { // Ask for a textline, stop if empty / none cout << "? "; if (!getline(cin, line) || line.length() == 0) return 0; cout << "Line read: " << line << endl; // Return the line to the server out << line.c_str() << endl; cout << "wrote line "; // Wait for a reply from the server getline(in, line); cout << "Answer: " << line << endl; } return 0; } catch (Errno const &err) { cerr << err.what() << " " << "Can't connect to " << argv[1] << ", port " << argv[2] << endl; return 1; } FILES
bobcat/localclientsocket - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), ifdstream(3bobcat), ifdstreambuf(3bobcat), clientsocket(3bobcat), localserversocket(3bobcat), localsocketbase(3bobcat), ofd- stream(3bobcat), ofdstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat)