Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem in binning the data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in binning the data Post 302688037 by vgersh99 on Friday 17th of August 2012 01:06:14 PM
Old 08-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
If you would like the bins to be different files called bin"n"_fruit, try this:
Code:
awk '{f=sprintf("%d", 1+$4/1000000); fn[f]="bin"f"_fruits"; print $2,$3,$4 >fn[f]}'

yielding
Code:
ls -1 bi*
bin11_fruits
bin1_fruits
bin2_fruits
bin3_fruits
bin6_fruits

Code:
 cat bin2_fruits 
grapes bananas 1000000
apples bananas 1999999

The number of simultaneously open files may be limited though; needs some error checking then.
close(fn[f]) after each write.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Data Loading....

i am studying a script which is used for data loading. it has functions which deletes all the existing data before loading and then loads new fresh data. but i am stuck up at function Replace into table ( col 1,col 2....) Does this signify All Inserts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help !!!!Problem with data file

I have a 1 million record file and in there i have 580 bad records meaning like they were spread on to 2 lines and is making my process fail as it is expecting single line records. How can i correct this records spread into 2 lines into single line or how i can writer these records into a new... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling and Binning- Engineering problem

Hi everyone! Can you please help me with some shell scripting? I have an input file input.txt It has 3 columns (Time, Event, Value) Time event Value 03:38:22 A 57 03:38:23 A 56 03:38:24 B 24 03:38:25 C 51 03:38:26 B 7 03:38:26 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming and binning rows

I could not find this on the search.. I want to know how to trim a row so lets say I have a file that looks like this: bob 88888888888888 and I want to trim column 2 (lets say 4 off the front and end) bob 888888 Also, how would I bin column 2 Lets so I want to add and average... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binning rows while skipping the first column

Hi I have a file that I want to bin. I am using this code: awk -F'\t' -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}; printf "\n"}' file1 > file2 So basically what this code does is that it will averaging every 40 columns (creating bins of 40). But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data problem

Hi all, suppose i have one file and in that file there are thousand of record like below . if i want to fill the bold position below with some value suppose 000000 then how it would be in shell script ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem tabbing the data.

Hi All, I'm having a problem tabbing the data. can you please help me tab the data. i used sed but it's not working. ex. BUNDLE1MB(6spaces)|Y|ng_oliv10@shellscript.com.ph(6spaces)562.60.61.20(6spaces)562.61.35 here's my code sed "s/ //g" Userid_dsl_npm.txt__200 | sed "s/ |/ /g" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)