Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reuse a LUN
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Reuse a LUN Post 302688017 by Shirishlnx on Friday 17th of August 2012 11:35:21 AM
Old 08-17-2012
No server is not in cluster, have clean exported the VG and de-provisioned that server-1 .

Now I want to use same LUN on Server-2 as fresh to extend an existing volume group .

Last edited by Shirishlnx; 08-17-2012 at 02:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reuse same major number

Hi, I am working on device drivers.Once If register a device i'll get one major no. If i unregister and register again i'll get a different major no.What i have to do to get same major no. each time :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password reuse utility

Does anyone know of a password reuse utility for Solaris 7 or 8? Security people are telling me that I need one. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtoba
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Reuse disk from other HP-UX

Hello, I have 2 hp-ux both running 11.23, I have move one of a harddisk from "UNIX A" to "UNIX B", so how can I read back the data in "UNIX B"? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
5 Replies

4. Linux

suggest some ideas for reuse

hi can you all help me to develop anything in unix that could be reused. any module or application could be helpful (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
0 Replies

5. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reuse Variable..

Hi. I have these two variables: My objective here is to reuse that $file_name variable again and again by resetting the $cv value. for example, if i reissue the cv="$(print 'CV01')" command, thus $file_name is now should be "CP99978_CV01.TXT", not "CP99978_CV01.TXT" anymore. How I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reuse argument from current command?

I'm currently using zsh. Sometimes I find myself wishing to reuse an argument from earlier in the command. I know that I can, of course, assign an argument to a variable ahead of time, and then easily use that variable more than once. I know about the ability to reuse arguments from previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare variables once and reuse them in other scripts?

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a conf file with variables that my other scripts will use. I have several scripts that use the same variables, and since I don't know how to read them from an external file, i define them in each script (and then if i want to change one's value i need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshe88
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reuse values in Shell script

Hi I am trying to write a shell script and wanted to re-use the value which I have entered already. Here is the sample code. echo "Enter Value : \c" ; read val echo "Enter number: $val\c" ; read num Now I wanted to change the value as showing in 2nd Line or if I will use enter, it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SushilAnand
15 Replies

10. Programming

Reuse format strings

I have a collection of format strings for sscanf, such as "%02d%*1s%02d%*1s%02d" to read in certain formatted strings, such as dates, times, etc. I wonder if there is a way to use them in printf without some changes? The example above would not work - at least I can't think of any ways to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
SG_RDAC(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_RDAC(8)

NAME
sg_rdac - Display or Modify RDAC Redundant Controller Page SYNOPSIS
sg_rdac [-a] [-f=LUN] [-v] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_rdac displays or modifies the RDAC controller settings via the Redundant Controller Page (0x2C). When modifying the settings it allows to transfer the ownership of individual drives to the controller the command was received on. OPTIONS
-a Transfer all (visible) devices -f=LUN Transfer the device identified by LUN. This command will only work if the controller supports 'Dual Active Mode' (aka active/active mode). -v be verbose -V print version string then exit EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_rdac is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse dot com>, based on sg_emc_trespass. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Hannes Reinecke, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_RDAC(8)