Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting s Perl module into your own script Post 302687803 by olearydc on Friday 17th of August 2012 05:28:58 AM
Old 08-17-2012
Putting s Perl module into your own script

Hi

We have to create a perl script..for part of a project

I ceated a script that called another perl module
Code:
use AppUtil::VMUtil;

But have been told that we need to incorpurate that module into my script...(with comments)

Would you know how to copy or place a module from one script into their own or have examples that I could look at if possible

Thanks agian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module Help

Hi All, I am using a perl module Win32::AdminMisc in my perl script. When i running in activestate perl v5.10.0 it shows folling error --- Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::AdminMisc in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at example.pl Please reply. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suprcool
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from a perl module which uses Filehandle to login

Hi Guru's, Pardon me for the breach of rules..... I have very little knowledge about Shell Programming and Scripting hope you guys help me out of this troble I have very little time hence could not find the right way to direct my queries. coming to the problem I need to call a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikrishna_tung
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl module script to draw speedometer/gauge graphs

Hi, Has anyone used any perl modules to draw dashboard/gauge graphs similar to a speedometer? I am looking to create some graphs in perl. Please share your thoughts if there are any modules and an example script. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file

Thanks to people's help, I have composed a single line within a .sh script that Ports a file into a csv: perl -p -i -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SSH without a perl module

I'm trying to create a perl script that will do 1 SSH session, but be able to write multiple commands to the session and receive multiple outputs. I know there are modules out there like Net:SSH::Perl, but I'm not allowed to use it. I was thinking of doing something like an open3 on an ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script module

I took the copy of the production module to the home directory and executing the module. one of the test prdmsk.pm module is present in the home directory ctskk. would like to know whether the below syntax is correct. use strict; use lib "/home/ssprod/ctskk"; use lib::Prdmsk; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
0 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)