Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development cannot execute copy comment but can do echo Post 302687601 by zhengkoon8 on Thursday 16th of August 2012 11:25:56 PM
Old 08-17-2012
cannot execute copy comment but can do echo

I have set the sh file to chmod 755
i only able to print the output but cannot execute the copy why?

Below is the code for sh file

Code:
echo "Hello"
cp hello.sh helloworld.sh

Below is my code for php.

Code:
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<?php echo '<p>Hello</>'; ?>
<?php shell_exec('sh /home/user/hello.sh'); ?>
</body>
</html>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

# comment

Hi guys and Gals AIX 5.1 If I had a # above several scripts would it comment out everything below it? Like this # 01 2 ** ..................................... 02 31 ......................................... # this is a script 03 12 **.......................... Would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy and comment out

I need help with a script. Here's what I want to do. I have a file "upsrk.txt" which can be either under "/home/upsrk" OR "/home/oracle" On some systems file "upsrk.txt" may not exist, in that case I want to just exit out of the script. If the file is there, I want to check if I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upsrk
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comment lines

Is there a command to put a comment (#) in a whole part of a shell script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vero_81
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between using "echo" builtin and /bin/echo

So in my shell i execute: { while true; do echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line This waits one second and returns. But { while true; do /bin/echo string; sleep 1; done } | read line continues to run, and doesn't stop until i kill it explicitly. I have tried this in bash as well as zsh,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to correctly use an echo inside an echo?

Bit of a weird one i suppose, i want to use an echo inside an echo... For example... i have a script that i want to use to take users input and create another script. Inside this script it creates it also needs to use echos... echo "echo "hello"" >$file echo "echo "goodbye"" >$file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to echo a text where a (.) is added to the end of line during on-going copy or ftp

Hello All, I would like to create a script to echo a text where a (.) dot is added every 2 seconds to the end of this text (with a limit of 10 dots) as long as a file copy or ftp is ongoing and once the copy is finished it adds "done" to the end of this text line. please see the below example: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

With that logic this echoes "echo". Question about echo!

echo `echo ` doesn't echoes anything. And it's logic. But echo `echo `echo ` ` does echoes "echo". What's the logic of it? the `echo `echo ` inside of the whole (first) echo, echoes nothing, so the first echo have to echo nothing but echoes "echo" (too much echoing :P):o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

One Line Command how to use pipe statements to execute and comment on multiple possible outcomes

Hello Forum, I'm looking to expand the following command: INACTIVE_KERNELS=$(python -mplatform | grep -qi red && rpm -qa | grep '^kernel-' |grep -vE `uname -r` | paste -sd \; || echo "Not Red Hat Server") Currently this command will check if my server is RedHat server using the grep -qi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)