Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: call more options on if
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users call more options on if Post 302687359 by charli1 on Thursday 16th of August 2012 11:57:11 AM
Old 08-16-2012
call more options on if

Hi all,
I'm trying to make a script that will help me a lof on some configuration,
what this should do is to check the files if they exist ,if not the script will send me a mail to notify me that the files does not exist,

but when i call the script to test it,like this
Code:
sh /test/test_script.sh  /test/test_

it says to many arguments ,
and it checks only for the first date format,and skips the other,
how can this be done to check al the date formats and to send me a single mail not 5 mail?
any suggestions are very welcome
thanks in advance.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
{
FILE=$1
TODAY1=`date +%Y-%m-%d`
TODAY2=`date +%Y_%m_%d`
TODAY3=`date +%Y%m%d`
TODAY4=`date +%y-%m-%d-%H-%M`
TODAY5=`date +%y%m%d%H%M`
if [ -e $FILE$TODAY1* ] or [ -e $FILE$TODAY2* ] or [ -e $FILE$TODAY3* ] or [ -e $FILE$TODAY4* ] or [ -e $FILE$TODAY5* ] ;
 then
  echo $FILE  File Exists
else
  echo "$FILE File not Found" | mail -s 'server-test' my.account@my.domain.com
 fi
}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp options

Hello again, Is there an option for the cp command to overwrite existing files in the destination directory? Cheers Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milage
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

options

I am just beginning to learn unix and I was wondering if there was a list of all the options somewhere on the net or hidden in the man pages? Also do options always have - and then a letter, or can it be - and a number as well? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terms5
1 Replies

3. AIX

no options

Hi All, I have a situation here that's very fun... I have a system with AIX and iPlanet (sunOne) installed, when occurs an unknown event on the network the WebServer shows a thousand of CLOSE_WAIT connections and this number grows and grows until the webserver crashs. I read some documents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nascimento.rp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ?

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ? I thought gcc already compiles the sources. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies
TEST(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           TEST(1)

NAME
test - check file types and compare values SYNOPSIS
test EXPRESSION test [ EXPRESSION ] [ ] [ OPTION DESCRIPTION
Exit with the status determined by EXPRESSION. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit An omitted EXPRESSION defaults to false. Otherwise, EXPRESSION is true or false and sets exit status. It is one of: ( EXPRESSION ) EXPRESSION is true ! EXPRESSION EXPRESSION is false EXPRESSION1 -a EXPRESSION2 both EXPRESSION1 and EXPRESSION2 are true EXPRESSION1 -o EXPRESSION2 either EXPRESSION1 or EXPRESSION2 is true -n STRING the length of STRING is nonzero STRING equivalent to -n STRING -z STRING the length of STRING is zero STRING1 = STRING2 the strings are equal STRING1 != STRING2 the strings are not equal INTEGER1 -eq INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -ge INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is greater than or equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -gt INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is greater than INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -le INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is less than or equal to INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -lt INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is less than INTEGER2 INTEGER1 -ne INTEGER2 INTEGER1 is not equal to INTEGER2 FILE1 -ef FILE2 FILE1 and FILE2 have the same device and inode numbers FILE1 -nt FILE2 FILE1 is newer (modification date) than FILE2 FILE1 -ot FILE2 FILE1 is older than FILE2 -b FILE FILE exists and is block special -c FILE FILE exists and is character special -d FILE FILE exists and is a directory -e FILE FILE exists -f FILE FILE exists and is a regular file -g FILE FILE exists and is set-group-ID -G FILE FILE exists and is owned by the effective group ID -h FILE FILE exists and is a symbolic link (same as -L) -k FILE FILE exists and has its sticky bit set -L FILE FILE exists and is a symbolic link (same as -h) -O FILE FILE exists and is owned by the effective user ID -p FILE FILE exists and is a named pipe -r FILE FILE exists and read permission is granted -s FILE FILE exists and has a size greater than zero -S FILE FILE exists and is a socket -t FD file descriptor FD is opened on a terminal -u FILE FILE exists and its set-user-ID bit is set -w FILE FILE exists and write permission is granted -x FILE FILE exists and execute (or search) permission is granted Except for -h and -L, all FILE-related tests dereference symbolic links. Beware that parentheses need to be escaped (e.g., by backslashes) for shells. INTEGER may also be -l STRING, which evaluates to the length of STRING. NOTE: Binary -a and -o are inherently ambiguous. Use 'test EXPR1 && test EXPR2' or 'test EXPR1 || test EXPR2' instead. NOTE: [ honors the --help and --version options, but test does not. test treats each of those as it treats any other nonempty STRING. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of test and/or [, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's documentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Kevin Braunsdorf and Matthew Bradburn. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report [ translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/[> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) test invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TEST(1)