Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to takes missing files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to takes missing files Post 302687083 by raj_saini20 on Thursday 16th of August 2012 02:59:58 AM
Old 08-16-2012
try this

Code:
awk 'NF < 1 {next;} p && p != $1 { for( i = p; i < substr($1,2,2)+0; i++ )printf "A%.2d",i;print x } {p = substr($1,2,2) + 1;x=substr($1,4,2) }' file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files missing

a few of some live payroll files have been deleted / missing ... i've restored last nites backup ... what could be the possibilities of this strange occurance ... users have menus to work on and use these live files ... we run an aix box with a ksh shell. Where do I start ?? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo and then cp the missing files

Hi.... I have two files abc.txt and xyz.txt. I want to echo and copy files from abc.txt to xyz.txt, which are not in xyz but present in abc.txt. Both of these files are in same directory. Please provide code with while or for loop.... :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report missing files

Hello I need to check various directories for the existence of files. If a file or more are missing I need to display it: e.g files in a dir: data_file.11032300.Z data_file.11032301.Z data_file.11032302.Z data_file.11032303.Z data_file.11032304.Z data_file.11032305.Z... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the missing files

Hi all , am using unix ksh I have a lots of files in /prb directory in the format as .. .. .. .. MMRR0607.DAT_2012 MMRR0707.DAT_2012 MMRR0907.DAT_2012 MMRR1107.DAT_2012 ... .. MMRR3107.DAT_2012 MMRR0208.DAT_2012 .. I need the output as Missing files are:- MMRR0807.DAT_2012 (note... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to takes the missing files?

Hi all , am using unix aix I have a files in one directory.. my files as in format qqss0607.ddd.. (06 is date 07 is month) how to check the missing dates .... can anyone tell me... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to takes the missing files in ascending order

Hi am using unix aix we have a lots of files which comes from server and fetch in one directory. the files will be in the format as File name as : ------------- pprr0103 (01 as date and 03 as month) pprr0203 pprr0603 ... ... pprr3103 pprr0304 Outputs:- Missing files as... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the missing dependency from two files

#cat hwlock-full.dep libx11-6 >= 1.4.4 libz1 >= 1.2.7 libtinfo5 >= 5.9 libxcb1 >= 1.8.1 numactl >= 2.0.8+rc4 libpixman-1-0 >= 0.29.2 libxml2 >= 2.7.8 libxext6 >= 1.3.1 libxrender1 >= 0.9.7 libfreetype6 >= 2.4.9 libxcb-render0 >= 1.8.1 libcairo2 >= 1.12.14 libc6 >= 2.15 libxcb-shm0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding largest files takes too long

Good evening. because the folder has thousand of files it takes too long and have some trouble to get the largest files and then compress files or delete it, for instance find . -size +10000000c -exec ls -ld {} \; |sort -k5n | grep -v .gz The above commad took an hour and i have to cancel... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
10 Replies
bytes(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						bytes(3pm)

NAME
bytes - Perl pragma to force byte semantics rather than character semantics NOTICE
This pragma reflects early attempts to incorporate Unicode into perl and has since been superseded. It breaks encapsulation (i.e. it exposes the innards of how the perl executable currently happens to store a string), and use of this module for anything other than debugging purposes is strongly discouraged. If you feel that the functions here within might be useful for your application, this possibly indicates a mismatch between your mental model of Perl Unicode and the current reality. In that case, you may wish to read some of the perl Unicode documentation: perluniintro, perlunitut, perlunifaq and perlunicode. SYNOPSIS
use bytes; ... chr(...); # or bytes::chr ... index(...); # or bytes::index ... length(...); # or bytes::length ... ord(...); # or bytes::ord ... rindex(...); # or bytes::rindex ... substr(...); # or bytes::substr no bytes; DESCRIPTION
The "use bytes" pragma disables character semantics for the rest of the lexical scope in which it appears. "no bytes" can be used to reverse the effect of "use bytes" within the current lexical scope. Perl normally assumes character semantics in the presence of character data (i.e. data that has come from a source that has been marked as being of a particular character encoding). When "use bytes" is in effect, the encoding is temporarily ignored, and each string is treated as a series of bytes. As an example, when Perl sees "$x = chr(400)", it encodes the character in UTF-8 and stores it in $x. Then it is marked as character data, so, for instance, "length $x" returns 1. However, in the scope of the "bytes" pragma, $x is treated as a series of bytes - the bytes that make up the UTF8 encoding - and "length $x" returns 2: $x = chr(400); print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 1" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 400" { use bytes; # or "require bytes; bytes::length()" print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 2" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 198.144" } chr(), ord(), substr(), index() and rindex() behave similarly. For more on the implications and differences between character semantics and byte semantics, see perluniintro and perlunicode. LIMITATIONS
bytes::substr() does not work as an lvalue(). SEE ALSO
perluniintro, perlunicode, utf8 perl v5.16.2 2012-08-26 bytes(3pm)