Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Select and group by excluding one field Post 302687037 by Lord Spectre on Thursday 16th of August 2012 01:51:54 AM
Old 08-16-2012
Select and group by excluding one field

Dear community, I have a very simple query (on Oracle 11g) to select 3 fields:
Code:
select field1, field2, field3, count(*) from table
where...
group by field1, field2, field3
having count(*) > 10;

Now, what I need, is exclude "field3" from the "group by" since I only need field 1 and 2 to be grouped, but I also need field3 in the output.
As far I know, all the fields in the select must be reported also in "group by", so how can I handle that?

Thanks
Lucas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select last field from a file

hi everybody i would to select the last field of a file here as you can see i select the field number 8 y=`cat sortie2 | grep "^"| grep "starting"| awk '{ print $8}'` but line can containt more or less field in never know, i just know is the last one so i wondering to know if is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a particular field

hi i have a file wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the total of a field in all the lines of a group

Hi I have a Fixed format data file where I need to to get the total of the field at certain position in a file for a group of lines. In this data file I need the total of all the field ats position 30:39 for each line starting with 6 and for each group startign with 5. Which means for... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-Group count of field

Hi, Suppose if i am having a file with following records as given below. 5555 6756 5555 4555 4555 6767 how can i get the count of each record using AWK. Eg:5555 count should be 2 4555 count should be 2 6767 count should be 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

::select statement return value with correct field size::

Hi Everyone, I am facing a problem regarding the select from sybase, the return with the incorrect size. For example, field is NAME(20). After i selected from sybase, the result is nicky. after i assign it to another declaration variable, it will be in actual name "nicky" , what i need... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select or make reference to, part of a field

For a field format such as AAL1001_MD82, how do I select(and use in if statement) only the last four elements( in this case MD82) or the first three elements (in this case AAL)? For instance, how do I do the following - if first three elements of $x == yyy, then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse with awk (using different fields), then group by a field?

When parsing multiple fields in a file using AWK, how do you group by one of the fields and parse by delimiters? to clarify If a file had tom | 223-2222-4444 , randofield ivan | 123-2422-4444 , random filed ... | and , are the delimiters ... How would you group by the social security... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josef_Stalin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Hi Team, I have a requirement to login into URL using username and password , then I have to select a "particular name" from drop-down menu and then Read the values user records etc.... using perl. Is it possible to do in perl script ? (OR) Can you please let me know which scripting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to select one field

Hi, I saw your post.. I have a dought in awk command... how to get the output from a file. i need a first column in etc/passwd file in a single column (in indivijual line)... i couldn't get with this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F ":" '{printf $1}' Kindly help This thread was created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dheepak s
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select only the lines of a file starting with a field which is matcing a list. awk?

Hello I have a large file1 which has many events like "2014010420" and following lines under each event that start with text . It has this form: 2014010420 num --- --- num .... NTE num num --- num... EFA num num --- num ... LASW num num --- num... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
9 Replies
Count(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						Count(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Count - Lire class that implements the count operator SYNOPSIS
use Lire::Count DESCRIPTION
Class that implements the count operator. This operator counts the number of DLF records in the current group. If the fields attribute is set, the count statistics will be equals to the number of different values present in the fields specified by that attribute. Its also possible to express the count as a ratio of the total count for the group or table. METHODS
new( %params ) Creates a new Lire::Count object. In addition to the values supported by its parents, the fields and ratio attributes will be initialized to the values specified in the %params argument. fields( [$new_fields] ) Returns the fields for which we are counting the different values. This a reference to an array of DLF field names. If the $new_fields parameter is set, it will be used as the new $fields value. It must be an array reference and should only contains valid field names for the current report specification's schema. ratio([$new_ratio]) Returns how the count will be expressed. This can one of three possible values: none Default. The absolute count will be used. group The count will be expressed as a percentage of the group's count. table The count will be expressed as a percentage of the table's total count. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportSpec(3pm), Lire::ReportOperator(3pm), Lire::Aggregator(3pm), Lire::Aggregate(3pm). AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: Count.pm,v 1.16 2008/03/09 19:27:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2008-03-09 Count(3pm)