Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unixware and IBM eServer x235 Post 302686969 by networktec on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 06:58:26 PM
Old 08-15-2012
Unixware and IBM eServer x235

got a ibm eserver x235 with unixware 7.1.4

no password, just wants login name and password..

my first unix.. but i just wanted server. but some issues:
needs 2nd cpu (not installed) can i just add second processor? has slot
1gb ram i can buy more, but dont want to unless i can get this working
has 6 hd raid.. not sure how set up think 2x 3 disk raids (36gb)
4 hds say ddd but im not sure

i used boot cd to get system up.
wondered how i can find what hard drives are bad?

i ask because it boots up unixware, so i think its there. i want to install server 2003/8/12 on 2 hdd mirror, but wanted to keep unix on side.

any thoughts? was hoping for unix/linux help to access hard drives. its raid.
see whats in there, if its good, etc.

any thoughts appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UnixWare printing

I have a Unixware OS and a HP Business Inkjet printer. I am unable to print from Unixware in landscape mode. I have tried filters and have failed every time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb4best
6 Replies

2. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help me about unixware 7.1.3

msg: vfs_mountroot:cannot mount root %%%%%% system don't start (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hushboy
0 Replies

4. SCO

IBM X3650 install unixware 7.1.4

Dear everyone: Who can tell me the IBM X3650 7979-101 how to install sco unixware 7.1.4? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdccf
1 Replies

5. SCO

Unixware problem

Dear All, I have a HP Netserver LH3 server which has unixware 7 os with oracle. Suddenly it shows a error message that " Raw Stack Dump beigns at 0xFFFDABIC... Generating Selective dump Storing system memory image for crash analysis.... #scanning memory....dumping to disk (Press any key to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.chiranjib
0 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. SCO

unixware 2.0

High, I have a simulator application running on unixware 2.1, there are no original installation CDs for the application. is it possible to copy directories and configuration files, related to the installed application, from unixware 2.1 to other system running Unixware 7.1.1 (replacing Unixware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fareedah
0 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen

Hi there. I used to use linux a lot a number of years ago but it has been quite a while so ?I really consider myself a beginner again. I have an old IBM eServer X Series 335 machine and I want to get it back up and running for a number of reasons. I knew that one of the SCSI drives was bad and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filch2
2 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)