Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing XML result by using perl? Post 302686811 by durden_tyler on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 12:12:58 PM
Old 08-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2000
...BUT i have problem in processing multiple sections in XML result, something like :
Code:
<Response>
<status>success</status>
<item key=1>
<answer>AAA::AAA</answer>
<answer>BBB::BBB</answer>
</item>
<item key=2>
<answer>CCC::CCC</answer>
<answer>DDD::DDD</answer>
</item>
</Response>

Code:
$
$
$ cat f67.xml
<Response>
<status>success</status>
<item key=1>
<answer>AAA::AAA</answer>
<answer>BBB::BBB</answer>
</item>
<item key=2>
<answer>CCC::CCC</answer>
<answer>DDD::DDD</answer>
</item>
</Response>
$
$
$ perl -lne 'if (/\<item key=(.*?)\>/) { $key = $1 }
             elsif (/\<answer\>(.*?)\<\/answer\>/) { push @{$x{$key}}, $1 }
             END {
               while ( ($k, $v) = each %x) {
                 print "Key = $k";
                 foreach $i (@$v) { print "\tAnswer = $i" }
               }
             }
            ' f67.xml
Key = 1
        Answer = AAA::AAA
        Answer = BBB::BBB
Key = 2
        Answer = CCC::CCC
        Answer = DDD::DDD
$
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xml parsing error in perl

******************PERL VERSION************************ This is perl, v5.8.1 built for i386-linux-thread-multi ERROR!!!!---Undefined subroutine &main::start called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469. *********************PERL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random XML Parsing - using Perl

Given the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <reference> <refbody> <section> <p> <ul> <li><xref href="file1.dita#anchor" /></li> <li><xref href="file2.dita#anchor" /></li> </ul> </p> </section> <section> <p> <xref href="file3.dita#anchor" /> </p> <p> <xref... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash XML Parsing using Perl XPath

I have a bash script that needs to read input from an XML file, which includes varying numbers of a certain type of child node. I want to be able to iterate through all the child nodes of a given parent. I installed the Perl XML-XPath package from search.cpan.org. Once it's installed, from bash,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfmorales
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing XML output file in perl.

Hi I have an XML output like : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <envelope> - <body> - <outputGetUsageSummary> - <usgSumm rerateDone="5"> - <usageAccum accumId="269" accumCaptn="VD_DP_AR" inclUnits="9999999.00" inclUnitsUsed="0.00" shared="false" pooled="false"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3X11), XcmsConvertColors(3X11), XcmsCreateCCC(3X11), XcmsDefaultCCC(3X11), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)