Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Shell Scripting with Arguments Post 302686807 by dw15 on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 12:04:13 PM
Old 08-15-2012
Yeah, I just now got a chance to look at everyones help, which, by the way, thank you! This is finals week for me and I've been stressing on this H.W. problem for about a week now. After reading through the post I have a much better understanding as to what I'm doing wrong here. I got about two hours from me posting this, until I have to go to school for another final, and then whatever time I get between finishing that final and going on to my CS final is all I can spend working on this. Seriously though thank you all for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Arguments to a shell program

Hi List, Is it possible to pass one argument to a shell program eg) there is a shell program abc which takes one arguments abc one Due to some reasons I pass abc one two Now one,two must be considered as "one" argument to the shell programs. Any suggestions,hints are welcome. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csvenkata
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with arguments

Hi All, I need some help/ideas in coming up with a shell script. Basically, the script should install 1 or 2 or 3 packages based on the input arguments. For example, if I type in pkgscript.sh a1 a2 a3, it should install all the 3 scripts and pkgscript.sh a1 should install only a1. If a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar6254
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell - # of arguments

Hi!, How can I check the number of arguments passed from the shell in a bash shell ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arguments in Shell script

Hello, I have to make a shell script doing that : the program tests if there is an argument, if there is it checks whether this is a directory or not, If it is it opens it. for any .c file in the directory it prints 2 lines in the screen : the dependence line of the .o and compiler commend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dekl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub arguments to shell script

Hi, I have a shell script, when run it i get a prompt to enter arguments say 1 for doing my next task otherwise q for quit. What I am trying to do is run the shell script with the argument passed in however it does not seem to work. This is what I did ./test.sh 1 Instead it printed the line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqua9
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with passing arguments

Hi All, I am using the script for creating local queue and passing the arguments while running the script as below n=0 while do e=`expr $n + 3` echo 'DEFINE QL('$e') MAXDEPTH('$6') MAXMSGL('$7') DEFPSIST('$8') '$9'' | /apps/mqm_opt/bin/runmqsc $2 n=`expr $n + 1` done Running the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with arguments for ping command

This is the script I already have but I have problems with two arguments the first argument -t , I want to count 200 by the last digit of the IP address for example when I run the script ./ping.sh -t 17, the output would be192.168.0.217 is upThe second arguments --up won't work. Could anybody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roggy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner at bash scripting - need help with passing arguments

I at the moment, making a simple bash script, capable of setting up an workspace for me, so i don't have to do it manually.. Problem is though i can't seem to provide the bash script any argument, without running into my error checks, checking for input... Here is the code: #!/bin/bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidi
7 Replies
WeekCalculator(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       WeekCalculator(3pm)

NAME
Lire::WeekCalculator - handle different weeknumbering schemes SYNOPSIS
use Lire::WeekCalculator; my $week_calc = new Lire::WeekCalculator(); my $week_no = $week_calc->week_number( $time ); DESCRIPTION
We support three values for LR_WEEK_NUMBERING: ISO (strftime's %V): week starts on monday; W (week starts on monday) and U (week starts on sunday). See strftime(1). CONSTRUCTOR
new( %params ) Creates a new week calculator. The style of week numbering is selected using the "style" parameter. If that parameter is omitted, it defaults to the style set in 'lr_week_numbering' configuration variable. style() Returns the week numbering style used. This will be either "U", "W" or "ISO". week_number( $time ) Returns the week number of $time according the current week numbering scheme. The week number returned is between 1 and 53. week_idx( $time ) Returns the week index of $time according to the week numbering scheme. The week index is Lire specific and is used to normalise computations between different scheme in regards of the first incomplete week of the year. In the ISO case, the week index is always equals to week_number() - 1, for the other style, the week index of the week 0 will be one less than the last week number of the previous year. last_week_of_year($year) Returns the week number of the last week in the year $year. week_start( $year, $week_no ) Returns the epoch time of the first day of week $week_no in year $year when calculated using current style. find_year_week1_start_date($year) Returns the date (epoch) at which the first day of the first week of the year $year starts. strformat() Returns a string that can be used as the format specificier in calls to strftime to print the week number of this style. strfdate() Emulates POSIX::strftime() but picks up the %V if the system strftime doesn't support it. Should be called whenever you use format strings that may contain week-of-the-year-codes. AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: WeekCalculator.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WeekCalculator(3pm)