Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass two word parameter Post 302686733 by sandy162 on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 10:44:22 AM
Old 08-15-2012
How to pass two word parameter

Hi,
How to pass parameter to run folloing script?
Code:
#parameters are div, dept, style
U run_convert_pdm.ksh Mens 44 7542
U run_convert_pdm.ksh "Mens Knit" 44 7541

The first command works fine but the second needs to have two words together , it does not work even if
I have used double quotes and single quotes.

Thanks
Sandy

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data.

Last edited by sandy162; 08-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass Parameter to Another Script

I have a piece of code that I do not want to continuously repeat. I want to call script2 from script1 and pass a parameter. Here is an example: Script1: ....... nohup ./Script2 PARAMETER ....... Script2: if # Checks if any params. then echo "No parameters passed to function." ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvprod
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter into script

I would like to write a scirpt a.sh that it first checks the first parameter of the input. If it fulfill some condition ,then run an executable program b by using all the parameter. ie. > ./a.sh 10 20 30 40 50 Then a.sh first checks the first parameter, 10, if it mathes the requirement, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to function

HI all I have a code like ############################################## minyear() { curryear=$1 echo $curryear } ##Main Program ## minyear exit ####### when i execute "sh scriptname 2005" output should be like 2005 but the output is blank. I guess i need to pass parameter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter to bteq?

I am using below code to connect terdata and getting the query result in a file.Now i want to use same code for different tables,plz tell me how to pass table name as parameter.i tried using as below code but not working. bteq < /download/viv/dev/ops/Scripts/ter.sh FLTORGTKR_ORG_etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)