Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listen given port
Operating Systems Solaris Listen given port Post 302686707 by neutronscott on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 09:55:55 AM
Old 08-15-2012
You can also use netcat as user: netcat -v -l -p 1099. Then attempt telnet from outside firewall.
This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listen to ports...

Hi all, How can I log all requests on ports for programs like ftp, telnet, rsh, xdmcp etc... I want to see if anyone uses these programs/protocols and how often. Is it difficult to setup a log for these ports and listen on all requests? /combat (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Let NTP listen only on one interface

Hallo, I have a machine which serves as NTP server. This machine has more (3) Network interfaces (+ loopback). By default NTP "binds" itself to all available interfaces, i.e. it listens on port 123 on all interfaces: netstat -an|grep 123 udp 0 0 127.0.0.1.123 *.* udp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to listen a port

I need to launch a script as soon as a file comes via a specified port on my system from another system. Program should work as a dameon and should invoke only when port start/stop accepting file. Any idea how to program/script it... Please no suggestions for cron. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumitwa
1 Replies

4. Solaris

socket in listen state disappears/closes automatically

Hi, I am using solaris 10. I have opened a socket connection using java in solaris 10 operating system, the port went to LISTEN state and able to create new socket connection and the new connections went to ESTABLISHED state. If I issue the command "netstat -an | grep <<portnumber>>", I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar3k
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

Configure squid to listen on any IP address with port 80

Hi, I am trying to configure a transparent squid cache. When I try to use the below option in squid.conf, squid listens on port 80 only for the IP address configured on the system's interface. http_port 80 transparent But I want squid to accept connections for any IP address on port 80.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learner32
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

What is the Listen Address of my process ?

Hi, We cant set the listen address of my java process to the IP address or any of the DNS names listen in the hosts file of the server. We can access the resources of the pid in the web browser through http://<IP / DNS>:port/console Based on the pid, how can we find what is the listen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
netread(1)						      General Commands Manual							netread(1)

NAME
netread - read data transported over network using netwrite SYNOPSIS
netread [udp] [-f host ] [-c] [-C algorithm ] [-o file ] [-s] [-b] [-h <n> ] [-H] <n> ] [-q] [-v] [-vv] [-V] [-vV] netread is part of the netrw package. It is a simple (but powerful) tool for transporting data over the internet, in conjunction with netwrite(1) DESCRIPTION
The main purpose of netrw is to simplify and speed up file transfers to hosts without an FTP server. It can also be used for uploading data to some other user. It is something like one-way netcat (nc) with some nice features concerning data transfers. Netrw can compute and check message digest (MD5, SHA-1, and some others) of all the data being transferred, it can also print information on progress and average speed. At the end it sums up the transfer. OPTIONS
udp Changes the default TCP protocol can be changed to UDP. -f host Works in the firewall mode; connection is initiated by netread. -c This option is ignored. Transmission checksum is activated by default. -C algorithm Uses the specified algorithm for checksum. This option also implies -c . Supported algorithms (the first is default): sha1 md5 rmd160 none -o <file> Writes data to file instead of stdout. -s In case -o option is specified, open the file for synchronous I/O. Otherwise, this option has no effect. -b print speed in b/s instead of B/s -h <n> Prints `#' after each n KiB transferred (def. 10485.76). -H <n> Prints `#' after each n MiB transferred (def. 10.24). -q Be quiet. -v Be verbose. -vv Be very verbose. -V Show version. -vV Show verbose version. RETURN VALUES
0 no errors. 1 some error occured. 2 checksum validation failed. SEE ALSO
netwrite(1), /usr/share/doc/netrw/README AUTHOR
netread was written by Jiri Denemark <jirka@ics.muni.cz>. For more information, visit http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xdenemar/netrw This manual page was written by Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2007-10-14 netread(1)