Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help for replying a mail using shell Post 302686221 by rogerben on Tuesday 14th of August 2012 06:55:18 AM
Old 08-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull04
Hi rogerben,

You can just use the mail utility on the unix system.

Just try;

Code:
mail

It should take you into the mailbox.

Regards

Dave
Dave ,
Can you provide the exact syntax of the command. The command just store some messages in /var/spool folder.
rogerben

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Does replying to your own message count as an additional post?

There used to be a feature whereby when one would reply to one's own post the response would be added to the previous post as opposed to posted as an additional post. This seems to have been lifted, ie a reply to one's own post is in fact an additional post. What exactly is the rule? And is it true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send e-mail from shell script ( C shell )?

Hi , How to send e-mail from shell script ( C shell ) . Mailx command is not working ( It didn't giving error also ). Please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
from(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   from(1)

NAME
from - Shows whom mail messages are from SYNOPSIS
from [-s sender] [user] The from command prints out the mail header lines in your mailbox file. OPTIONS
Prints headers for mail sent by sender. Specifies a mail spool directory. Use this flag if you want to examine a mailbox in a directory other than /usr/spool/mail, which is the system default. DESCRIPTION
If user is specified, then user's mailbox is examined instead of your own. EXAMPLES
To display the message headings in your mailbox, enter: from The names of the senders and the message dates are displayed. To display the message headings for mail sent by a specific user, enter: from -s dale Displays only the message headings of the messages sent from user dale. To display the message headings in a specific user's mail- box, enter: from dawn The message headings from user dawn's mailbox are displayed, provided you have read permission for dawn's mailbox. FILES
User mailbox files. SEE ALSO
Commands: biff(1), mail(1), mailx(1) from(1)