Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: egrep line with perfect mach
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting egrep line with perfect mach Post 302686017 by asavaliya on Monday 13th of August 2012 09:08:15 PM
Old 08-13-2012
I have File A.txt

I want only egrep that line which have only OCK in file B.txt

I am tring below command but it not giving me proper output.
Code:
egrep -i '(OCK)' $fileA.txt> $fileB.txt

Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding blank line in egrep

I followed the egrep example given in the thread "parse text or complex grep ?". It is exactly what I need...except... how do I insert a blank line after the second line? My exact command is: egrep 'patt1|patt2' filename the result is: patt1 patt2 patt1 patt2 and so on. I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. Programming

state mach{ne...

hi, I am looking for some info on how can we implement state machines. Conceptually it appears to be good but while implementing it causes lot of confusion.. I have some doubts regarding this concept. (my explanation may look wired, as I am also not clear on this front) The commonly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parasa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep problem | printing next line?????

Hi !!! Dear People, Please help me with the following problem. consider this output: Top 5 Timed Events ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Total Event Waits Time (s) Ela Time ---------------------------- ------------ ----------- ----- CPU time ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ecaping a line feed in grep/egrep

Is it possible to use the escape sequence: \r to match a line feed in grep/egrep? I want to use a regexp that crosses over two lines, and it does not seem to be possible. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep output each file in new line

I have the following script that searches in several files and shows the search results and the matches filename on the screen. find . -exec egrep -wH "word1|word2" {} \; the output from the search display as: file1 word1 word2 I need to show each file search output result on new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: konddor
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep 4th line from match

Can some one help me to print 4th line before the match using egrep or grep command options. i have a very large file and i need to search the entire file, look for the match (key word) and print 4th line before the matched key word. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramana117
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mach drivers

hello everyone, can anyone tell me what drivers the Mach kernel works with. I'm thinking about experimenting with the Mach kernel, and yes I know there are other kernels that are easier to work with but I just want to use the Mach kernel. So with that being said, can the Mach kernel work with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mach IPC

hey everyone, I'm reading a tutorial on the Mach kernel principles, however, the port and port rights part are kind of confusing to me. I don't know if the book has typos or something but it seems a bit contradictory. It says that "ports, themselves, are not named. It is the port rights that are"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep line which begging with

HI Guys, I want egrep from ./txt file which begging from Hello. File A.txt Hello A Abc Abc Xyz Hello B Hello C .. ... Output File B Hello A Hello B (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies
MPI_KMEANS(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MPI_KMEANS(1)

NAME
mpi_kmeans - K-Means clustering tool SYNOPSIS
mpi_kmeans [options] DESCRIPTION
mpi_kmeans is a program that uses k-means clustering to produce a list of cluster centers. The resulting data can be used by mpi_assign(1) to assign points to those cluster centers. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. Generic Options: --help Produce help message Input/Output Options: --data file Training file, one datum per line (default: "data.txt") --output file Output file, one cluster center per line (default: "output.txt") K-Means Options: --k num Number of clusters to generate (default: 100) --restarts num Number of k-means restarts (default: 0 = single run) --maxiter num Maximum number of k-means iterations (default: 0 = infinity) EXAMPLES
mpi_kmeans --k 2 --data example.txt --output clusters.txt SEE ALSO
mpi_assign(1) AUTHOR
mpi_kmeans was written by Peter Gehler <peter.gehler@tuebingen.mpg.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 11, 2011 MPI_KMEANS(1)