Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS Post 302686015 by fpmurphy on Monday 13th of August 2012 08:51:01 PM
Old 08-13-2012
You can install 32-bit applications on RHEL. However you need to install all the necessary 32-bit libraries first.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

3. Linux

Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

Hi, I am using 32 bit machine, and I want to compile 64 bit application on 32-bit machine. So please tell me is it possible or not? Regards Mandar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)

NAME
chicken-install - download and install extension libraries for Chicken Scheme SYNOPSIS
chicken-install [OPTION | EXTENSION[:VERSION]] ... DESCRIPTION
chicken-install is a program that downloads, compiles and installs a prepackaged extension library from sources. If no extension name is given on the command-line, then any existing setup scripts in the current directory will be executed in some unspecified order. OPTIONS
Enter chicken-install -help for a list of supported command-line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CHICKEN_PREFIX The installation prefix where CHICKEN Scheme and its support files and libraries are located. Defaults to the installation time pre- fix given when configuring the system. CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX An alternative installation prefix that will be prepended to extension installation paths if specified. CHICKEN_REPOSITORY The path where extension libraries are installed. Defaults to the package-library path selected during configuration (usually /var/lib/chicken/<binary-version> ) DOCUMENTATION
More information can be found in the Chicken User's Manual BUGS
Submit bug reports by e-mail to chicken-janitors@nongnu.org , preferrably using the chicken-bug tool. AUTHORS
The CHICKEN Team SEE ALSO
chicken-uninstall(1) chicken-status(1) chicken(1) csc(1) chicken-bug(1) 13 Aug 2008 CHICKEN-INSTALL(1)