Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array Post 302686001 by spacebar on Monday 13th of August 2012 08:28:19 PM
Old 08-13-2012
Try this:
Code:
sed -i.bak 's/'${ARRAY1[$i]}'/'${ARRAY2[$i]}''/'g' ${FILE}.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare array contents with file

I have an array "arrA" with the following contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf My data file "Files.dat" has the same contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf I have a script that compares... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare array values

# tail myprocesses.txt 178 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:33:01 IST 2008 16 MySQL processes at Tue Oct 21 14:33:01 IST 2008 175 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:36:01 IST 2008 60 MySQL processes at Tue Oct 21 14:36:01 IST 2008 192 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:39:01 IST 2008 64 MySQL processes at Tue Oct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Array results

Hi, In a kshell , i need to compare the results of two array . each Non-match value should copy to a new array. For example: ========== Array one contain the following values: A B C Array two contain the following values: C F A E After comparing this arrays , a new array should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - copy fiel contents to array then compare against other file

Basically to illuminate i want to take a file with mutliple lines, C:\searching4theseletters.txt a b c Read this into an array @ARRAY and then use this to compare against another file C:\inputletters.txt b o a c n a (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradleykins
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Perl - Detect several file to be in one array

Hi everyone I have one question about using array in perl. let say I have several log file in one folder.. example test1.log test2.log test3.log and the list goes on.. how to make an array for this file? It suppose to detect log file in the current directory and all the log file will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two value in array - Perl

Hi, I just wondering if I want to compare previous value to next value if it same count + 1 if not doesn't count how do we compare in Perl? Thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two array

Hi firnds, I am having two arrays eg. @a=qw(1 2 3 4) and @b=qw(1 3 6 9) Now, I want to compare two arrays on first index of both arrays and if they matched, it should output remaining indexes Pseudo-code if ($a == $b) { print "remaining indexes";} How can i do this using perl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renesh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: how compare content of a file with an other array

Hi, I created a skript in ksh which generate a file with semicolon as separator, this is an example of the file a created: example content file: hello;AAAA;2014-08-17 hello;BBBB;2014-08-17 hello;CCCC;2014-08-17 I would need to compare the content in of the second column of this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmartin
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use if command to compare in an array?

Hi all, Currently i am facing issue using if command to compare to array value. can someone help me? if }" -gt "${ZDATE_1}" ] then do echo "red" else echo "green" fi done i have checked array is giving values fine but there seems some issue with if command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amyt1234
2 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)