Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ldap search query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ldap search query Post 302685981 by Chubler_XL on Monday 13th of August 2012 07:41:48 PM
Old 08-13-2012
Well you could fetch all the users with a non blank cidx first:

Code:
ldapsearch -h server_domain_name -p 389 -D  "uid=user,ou=appadm,o=ent" -w PaB -b  "ou=roles,o=ent"  '(&objectClass=user)(cidx=*))' | grep -E '^(cidx:|ent:)' > home_list.txt

you could then process this file with awk to extract the particular HOMES you want.
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap search filter

Hi, I am trying to do an ldapsearch with a filter that checks the uid and the userpassword: $filter= "(&(uid=$user) (userpassword=$password)"; $objs = $ldap->search( base => $basedn, filter => "($filter)"); i based it on this example i found on CPAN: $mesg = $ldap->search( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

2. Programming

problem with ldap search using c

hi all i m writin a c program to search ldap db for values. i used the following code after search result return a value >0 if (result==1) { entry=ldap_first_entry(ld,msg); for(....;....;...) { // code to store the data values } } i m gettin an error at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Net::LDAP, objects and arrays query

Hi I'm not a programmer but am muddling through as best I can. I am trying to set up a PostSearchHook for Radiator (RADIUS server), that carries out an LDAP lookup, and, based on the string returned ("staff" or "student") in the "businessCategory" attribute, will set the $role to be either 40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LDAP search query help

I would like to do an ldap search which looks for entries which do not actually have a certain attribute. Not that the attribute is Null, but where the attribute does not exist. Is this possible using ldapsearch? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dopple
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldap search to find dn for user

How can I do a ldapsearch to find a DN for a user when I know the exact cn for that user out of active directory. I have tried several different commands (hundreds) but need the -b with the full dn to perform the search using ldapsearch from AIX. I am trying to find the OU for a user and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchart3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap search problem

I am posting in this section because in this regard I am a Dummy. I know very little about ldap. We have a couple of ldap registries running on an AIX box. I can connect into those registries using an openldap browser. But I am trying to run some queries against the registry on the server itself,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwellers
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap , search groups that user belong

i want run query to identify witch groups that user A belong, CN=name,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LDAP and AD Authentication Query

Hi Friends, I have below scenarios . dom1.test.com - LDAP dom2.test.com - AD Requirement is establish a trust relation between LDAP and AD server in such a way that if any user login on LDAP managed authentication server with dom1\username -> get authenticated by LDAP host ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP Group query

I need to write LDAP group query where I need to find if a particular user is a member of a 2 specific Groups. This is LDAP Novell edirectory implementation. Below are the details - ================ LDIF entry for OndotAPI group dn: cn=OndotAPI,ou=Groups,o=CNS changetype: add ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP Query - host allowed option

I have an in interesting dilemna that I am trying to address. I have some ldap queries that I use to retrieve user information to perform access validations on a quarterly/annual basis. I can successfully pull the local users, and I can use ldapsearch to pull back all the users from the DN as well.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
wsreg_query_set_id(3WSREG)			    Product Install Registry Library Functions				wsreg_query_set_id(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_query_set_id, wsreg_query_get_id - set or get the uuid of a query SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_query_set_id(Wsreg_query *query, const char *uuid); char *wsreg_query_get_id(const Wsreg_query *query); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_query_set_id() function sets the uuid (universal unique identifier) specified by uuid in the query specified by query. If a uuid has already been set in the specified query, the resources associated with the previously set uuid are released. The wsreg_query_get_id() function returns the uuid associated with the query specified by query. The resulting string is not a copy and must not be released by the caller. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_query_set_id() function returns non-zero if the uuid was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_query_get_id() function returns the uuid associated with the specified query. USAGE
The query identifies fields used to search for a specific component in the product install registry. By specifying the uuid, the component search is narrowed to all components in the product install registry that have the specified uuid. Other fields can be specified in the same query to further narrow the search. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_get(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), towsreg_query_create(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_query_set_id(3WSREG)