Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat backup/recovery
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat backup/recovery Post 302685963 by cmontr on Monday 13th of August 2012 05:53:57 PM
Old 08-13-2012
Redhat backup/recovery

Can you please let me know a clear step by step procedure link/doc for an effective full backup and recovery procedure for a Redhat server with 2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64 ?

Thanks in advance.

I also have the same question for Ubuntu Enterprise 12.04 if you would ...

thanks again

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup recovery

i have taken a backup using cpio command. Now i want to retrieve the contents. Replies appreciated. raguram (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
2 Replies

2. AIX

TSM backup and recovery problem

When I use tsm command: archive -subdir=yes /dir1/ to backup file system: /dir1 After I delete the contents under /dir1 and recovery it from TSM backup, retrieve /dir1/ I found the link breaked. Such as: Before: ls -l lrwxrwxrwx 1 abc develop 8 Apr 28 16:04 bin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Linux

Q: Backup and recovery in major corporations?

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to post. As i'm not too sure where this question would go. The question is: How is backup and recovery carried out in major corporations. Even if you are not in a major corporation an answer would be great. I'm doing some research as to how it's carried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup and recovery options

Hi, Do we have any options in rsync to recover files from the backup? Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Backup redhat

Hello everyone I have some boxes with red hat 5 running on power systems. My question is which software can I use to backup my red hat. Let me explain more. I have aix boxes to, with mksysb command I have an image about my entire operating system. I want to do something like this with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Backup and Recovery

Is it possible to take incremental backup in Linux using tar command? Please guide me. Suppose I have a directory /data. And want incremental backup. What will be the incremental "tar" command syntax? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer2002
6 Replies
unknown(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							unknown(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
unknown - Handle attempts to use non-existent commands SYNOPSIS
unknown cmdName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is invoked by the Tcl interpreter whenever a script tries to invoke a command that doesn't exist. The implementation of unknown isn't part of the Tcl core; instead, it is a library procedure defined by default when Tcl starts up. You can override the default unknown to change its functionality. If the Tcl interpreter encounters a command name for which there is not a defined command, then Tcl checks for the existence of a command named unknown. If there is no such command, then the interpreter returns an error. If the unknown command exists, then it is invoked with arguments consisting of the fully-substituted name and arguments for the original non-existent command. The unknown command typically does things like searching through library directories for a command procedure with the name cmdName, or expanding abbreviated command names to full-length, or automatically executing unknown commands as sub-processes. In some cases (such as expanding abbreviations) unknown will change the original command slightly and then (re-)execute it. The result of the unknown command is used as the result for the original non-existent command. The default implementation of unknown behaves as follows. It first calls the auto_load library procedure to load the command. If this succeeds, then it executes the original command with its original arguments. If the auto-load fails then unknown calls auto_execok to see if there is an executable file by the name cmd. If so, it invokes the Tcl exec command with cmd and all the args as arguments. If cmd can't be auto-executed, unknown checks to see if the command was invoked at top-level and outside of any script. If so, then unknown takes two additional steps. First, it sees if cmd has one of the following three forms: !!, !event, or ^old^new?^?. If so, then unknown carries out history substitution in the same way that csh would for these constructs. Finally, unknown checks to see if cmd is a unique abbrevia- tion for an existing Tcl command. If so, it expands the command name and executes the command with the original arguments. If none of the above efforts has been able to execute the command, unknown generates an error return. If the global variable auto_noload is defined, then the auto-load step is skipped. If the global variable auto_noexec is defined then the auto-exec step is skipped. Under normal circum- stances the return value from unknown is the return value from the command that was eventually executed. SEE ALSO
info(n), proc(n) KEYWORDS
error, non-existent command Tcl unknown(n)