Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output find to array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output find to array Post 302685873 by zX TheRipper Xz on Monday 13th of August 2012 01:01:28 PM
Old 08-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshji
You can do solution using select
Code:
PS3="Your choice (ENTER=list again, e=end):"
select f in *.zip
do
        [ "$REPLY" = "e" ] && break
        echo "Choice: ($REPLY) $f"
        echo $f
        # if like to exit after 1st selection, then add line break
        # break
done

That's exactly what I need! Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

output of an array

Hi gurus, I need to set up an array like this set - A arr 'A', 'B' The output of this array should be like this 'A','B' Right now, I get the output like this 'A B' Can anyone suggest me on how to achieve this. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:awk output into an array

Hi, I have a file 1:apple orange:one 2:banana:two 3:cherry:3 When I do awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' file apple orange banana cherry Now, when i redirect awk output to the file it has issue with strings #!/bin/bash FILEA=file A=(`awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' $FILEA `) echo ${A} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put output into an array

I'm trying to take the output of an environment that has multiple strings ex. # echo $SSH_CLIENT 192.168.1.1 57039 22 I need that IP... so I can set it to another environment. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

iostat output vs TPC output (array layer)

Hi Guys, I've been having some arguments with my colleagues about one thing. Always my thought was that as as far as disk performance is concern by looking at the output of the iostat command (AIX) you would be able to identify if you have a hot disk and then by moving some files out that disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of shell in array

Hi, i have a file which reads, arun/manager/200000 pradeep/engineer/10000 karthik/teamlead/30000 ..... i want an output to show, name role salary ======================= arun manager 200000 pradeep engineer 10000 and so on.. i want to do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store output of command to an array

Hello Guys, I am trying to store output of command to an array and then want to print, but it showing an error that "bad substitution". I am not getting why it's happening. Can anyone help me? #!/usr/bin/sh hr=0 min=0 i=1 last $1 | grep -w `date "+%b"` | grep -v '\(0:.*\)' | grep -vw sshd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasparov
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output file list to array?

Hey, guys, scripting newb here. I'm trying to get a list of all .dmg files in a folder and save the output into an array. My first attempt was ARRAY= ( `ls $REIMAGEPATH | grep \.dmg$` ) However, I understand why that doesn't work now (at least I think I do). But I don't know what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output as an array element

I am filtering the value of Server status from a file and am storing it in a temp file which I compare later to exit with appropriate status. I am wondering if I can directly output the value of Server status as an array element and then compare the value of elements to get the right exit status ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Array Output

Hello All, Q1) I have the below code but when the email was sent out all lines are merged and coming out as a single line though my printf statement has newline "\n", How do i avoid that? Q2) In my second IF statement when i introduced the backslash "\" for continuation of a line or command, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping through the contents of array for output name

Hi all, I am trying to loop through the string contents of an array, to add it during the saving of the output files. I am trying this code to print each column and save it to unique file name, but it doesn't work. Thanks for any help. fnam=(japan usa uk) alldata.dat contained sample data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ida1215
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)