Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A question about Unix Architecture. Post 302685821 by AlissonManson on Monday 13th of August 2012 11:50:26 AM
Old 08-13-2012
A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more...
What kind of aplications this OS attends?
Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..?
Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that.
Any question, just ask me. Thank you all.
Explain the máximo possible

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unix to unix serial connection question

hi there i'm a new bie just got few simple questions to ask. I got expert in windows configuration but totally new to unix environment . I want to make sure a com port (com1) is working, so I connect a 9-pin cable (CB9) for both PC using Unix environment (unix to unix). The question are (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typsam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trivial Unix Architecture question

Hi, I am becoming very curious as to why viruses attach only Windows system and not any UNIX and Linux. Does that has to do something with the architecture or something else. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Dpkg architecture

I noticed dpkg reporting architecture as AMD64, but the h/w is Intel, see below: ~$ uname -a Linux XXX 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ~$ lshw | grep -i xeon WARNING: you should run this program as super-user. PCI (sysfs) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
processor_sets(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						 processor_sets(4)

NAME
processor_sets - Collections of processors DESCRIPTION
A processor set is a collection of processors. When a processor set is first created, it does not contain any processors. You can add processors to a processor set, remove processors from a processor set, and also destroy the processor set. In addition, you can assign specific processes to a processor set. When the system is booted, all its processors are assigned to the default processor set. Each processor in a system can be a member of only one processor set at one time. In addition, when you create a process, it is assigned to a processor set. Unless you indicate a specific processor set, a process is assigned to the default processor set. A process can execute only on an processor that is included in the processor set to which the process is assigned. If you assign a process to an empty processor set, it will not execute until a processor is assigned to the processor set or until the process is assigned to another processor set. Use the pset_create command or the create_pset function to create a processor set. When you first create a processor set, it does not con- tain any processors. Use the pset_assign_cpu command or the assign_cpu_to_pset function to assign processors to a specific processor set. When you assign a processor to a specific processor set, the processor is removed from its current processor set. Use the pset_destroy command or the destroy_pset function to destroy a processor set. Processors that belong to a destroyed processor set are assigned to the default processor set. Use the pset_assign_pid command or the assign_pid_to_pset function to assign a process to a specific processor set. In addition, you can request that a process has exclusive access to a processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, no other process is able to use that processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, that access will be cleared automatically when the process exits. Note that if a process is already assigned to a processor set, a request for exclusive access to that processor set will be denied. Use the pset_info command to display the status of each processor set on the system as well as the status of each processor. You must be root to create and destroy processor sets and to assign a processor to a processor set. Processor set creation and destruction and processor assignments to processor sets are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
/var/adm/wtmp RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: pset_create(1), pset_destroy(1), pset_info(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), runon(1), psrinfo(1), psradm(8) Functions: assign_pid_to_pset(3), assign_cpu_to_pset(3), create_pset(3), destroy_pset(3) delim off processor_sets(4)