Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat Linux GUI Issues
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat Linux GUI Issues Post 302685697 by nkiran on Monday 13th of August 2012 08:44:21 AM
Old 08-13-2012
You can not compare windows & linux, here. Can you give some details about the hardware you have? Specify the cpu & RAM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.1 GUI

I am trying to install a Linux LFS server. I have not been able to figure out how to get the GUI to load up. I'm not even sure if it has been installed. Any information would be greatly appreciatted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlcrowder
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI for Redhat Linux

I just installed Redhat Linux 8.0 and I do not know how to get to my GUI Desktop. Right now I'm just in the shell please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savagebeast
2 Replies

3. Linux

Redhat 9 modem login issues

Hi guys , I have redhat 9 and i have no idea what i'm doing. This is my first time taking a break from windows and exploring this new OS. I'm trying to install an External Usrobotic 56K Model Number 5686, after rebooting it was detected. How can i configure the server so i can call (modem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Linux Redhat ES 4.0 - DNS Config Issues

Hello all, I've a very strange thing hapenning in my Sys, I've configured the IP, DNS eveything for my internat connection, but Im only able to browse Redhat.com websites. I cant open anyother site!!! :eek: Im sure the internet is configured 'coz it displays the list of avail updates for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijithS
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote connection to HP-UX from Linux, GUI issues.

Not sure if that's the best thread title... anyway, working remotely on a HP-UX machine I often need a GUI window when executing remote software installs, and for this I use Cygwin/X on my Windows laptop which works perfectly. Connect via telnet, set DISPLAY, run installer, GUI appears locally -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefcha
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

7. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Installing packages on Redhat 5.5: rpmlib issues

Hi there I'm having trouble with a remote Red Hat server. We are busy with an Oracle 11g installation on this box and going through the list of required packages, etc. The installation required elfutils-libelf-devel-0.148. When I try to install that I get the following error; rpm -i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
CHCPU(8)						       System Administration							  CHCPU(8)

NAME
chcpu - configure CPUs SYNOPSIS
chcpu -c|-d|-e|-g cpu-list chcpu -p mode chcpu -r|-h|-V DESCRIPTION
chcpu can modify the state of CPUs. It can enable or disable CPUs, scan for new CPUs, change the CPU dispatching mode of the underlying hypervisor, and request CPUs from the hypervisor (configure) or return CPUs to the hypervisor (deconfigure). Some options have a cpu-list argument. Use this argument to specify a comma-separated list of CPUs. The list can contain individual CPU addresses or ranges of addresses. For example, 0,5,7,9-11 makes the command applicable to the CPUs with the addresses 0, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. OPTIONS
-c, --configure cpu-list Configure the specified CPUs. Configuring a CPU means that the hypervisor takes a CPU from the CPU pool and assigns it to the vir- tual hardware on which your kernel runs. -d, --disable cpu-list Disable the specified CPUs. Disabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it offline. -e, --enable cpu-list Enable the specified CPUs. Enabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it online. A CPU must be configured, see -c, before it can be enabled. -g, --deconfigure cpu-list Deconfigure the specified CPUs. Deconfiguring a CPU means that the hypervisor removes the CPU from the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs and returns it to the CPU pool. A CPU must be offline, see -d, before it can be deconfigured. -p, --dispatch mode Set the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). This option has an effect only if your hardware architecture and hypervisor support CPU polarization. Available modes are: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. -r, --rescan Trigger a rescan of CPUs. After a rescan, the Linux kernel recognizes the new CPUs. Use this option on systems that do not auto- matically detect newly attached CPUs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. RETURN CODES
chcpu has the following return codes: 0 success 1 failure 64 partial success AUTHOR
Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 SEE ALSO
lscpu(1) AVAILABILITY
The chcpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 CHCPU(8)