Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with 3 variable bash loop Post 302685253 by spacebar on Saturday 11th of August 2012 07:05:27 PM
Old 08-11-2012
Something like this might work for you, this is assuming each file(list1, list2, list3) has the same number of lines:
Code:
ln_cnt=`stat -c %s list1`      # count of lines
for i in 1..${ln_cnt}
do
  var1=`sed -n "${i}p" list1`  # Load line from first file
  var2=`sed -n "${i}p" list2`  # Load same line# from 2nd file
  var3=`sed -n "${i}p" list3`  # Load same line# from 3rd file
  command $var1 $var2 $var3;   # Run command
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(BASH) Using a loop variable to grep something in a file?

Hi, I have a loop running until a variable L that is read previously in the full script. I'd like to grep some information in an input file at a line that contains the value of the loop parameter $i. I've tried to use grep, but the problem is nothing is written in the FILE files. It seems grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DMini
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detail on For loop for multiple file input and bash variable usage

Dear mentors, I just need little explanation regarding for loop to give input to awk script for file in `ls *.txt |sort -t"_" -k2n,2`; do awk script $file done which sorts file in order, and will input one after another file in order to awk script suppose if I have to input 2 or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

6. Programming

Global variable in for loop (BASH)

Hello, I'm trying to read the variable "pause" from a for loop without luck. The function is dependant on the outcome of the test within the loop. If i run this, pause is always 0 within the function. Any ideas? Thanks. pause=0 users=1 (for (( ; ; )) do speed=`cat speed.log` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for loop with arrays second variable?

I am fairly new to bash and am not sure how to resolve this: I have a series of geographical long/lat points eg. 50/-30 listed on separate lines in a file called junk2. I have input these into an array and am then using that array in a for loop. Towards the end of the loop I create a file called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily-anne
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable available for use outside loop

In the below for loop, I extract a variable $d which is an id that will change each time. The bash executes the problem that I am having is that p (after the done) is the path with the extracted $d. However, I can not use it in subsequent loops as it is not reconized. I have been trying to change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I assign the output of a command to a variable within a loop in bash?

In the else of the main if condition . else set lnk = $(readlink -f <path> | cut -d '/' -f7) echo "$lnk" if ] When I run the above on command line , the execution seems to be fine and I get the desired output. But when I try to assign it to a variable within a loop... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash Variable scope - while loop while reading from a file

Cope sample1: test.sh i=0 echo " Outside loop i = $i " while do i=$(( $i + 1)) echo "Inside loop i = $i " done echo " Out of loop i is : $i " When run output : Outside loop i = 0 Inside loop i = 1 Inside loop i = 2 Inside loop i = 3 Inside loop i = 4 Inside loop i = 5 Inside... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adarshreddy01
8 Replies
GET_CLASS_VARS(3)							 1							 GET_CLASS_VARS(3)

get_class_vars - Get the default properties of the class

SYNOPSIS
array get_class_vars (string $class_name) DESCRIPTION
Get the default properties of the given class. PARAMETERS
o $class_name - The class name RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of declared properties visible from the current scope, with their default value. The resulting array elements are in the form of varname => value. In case of an error, it returns FALSE. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.3 | | | | | | | get_class_vars(3) will only return the properties | | | that can be accessed from the current scope. | | | | | 5.0.2 | | | | | | | Calling get_class_vars(3) will now expose all | | | the properties as an array, unlike previous be- | | | haviour where protected and private properties | | | were prefixed with nul bytes. | | | | | 5.0.1 | | | | | | | Calling get_class_vars(3) will expose all prop- | | | erties, as when converting an object to a class. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_class_vars(3) example <?php class myclass { var $var1; // this has no default value... var $var2 = "xyz"; var $var3 = 100; private $var4; // constructor function myclass() { // change some properties $this->var1 = "foo"; $this->var2 = "bar"; return true; } } $my_class = new myclass(); $class_vars = get_class_vars(get_class($my_class)); foreach ($class_vars as $name => $value) { echo "$name : $value "; } ?> The above example will output: var1 : var2 : xyz var3 : 100 Example #2 get_class_vars(3) and scoping behaviour <?php function format($array) { return implode('|', array_keys($array)) . " "; } class TestCase { public $a = 1; protected $b = 2; private $c = 3; public static function expose() { echo format(get_class_vars(__CLASS__)); } } TestCase::expose(); echo format(get_class_vars('TestCase')); ?> The above example will output: // 5.0.0 a| * b| TestCase c a| * b| TestCase c // 5.0.1 - 5.0.2 a|b|c a|b|c // 5.0.3 + a|b|c a SEE ALSO
get_class_methods(3), get_object_vars(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_CLASS_VARS(3)