Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Recovery error : mit_hdpart0 failed Post 302684849 by mammut3d on Friday 10th of August 2012 08:12:06 AM
Old 08-10-2012
Restoring process that i am using:
1-changing boot priority to : first boot from DVD-ROM
2-Restarting PC to boot from DVD
3-Screen that shows :
SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5
BOOT
:
[waiting for commands]
4-when i press Enter key this commands apears:
fd(64)unix root=ram(7) ram.preload=7 swap=none dump=none nbuf=3 ram.fd=254 mem=1m-16, 16m-2048m ramdisk=fd(64)rootFS

Sizing memory
.................................................................................
[Continues to error happened]

---------- Post updated at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
If the backup is an image file of the original disk, then it may require the target to have the same disk geometry, or at least have the same number or sectors per track.
Can you explain how can i found this options on right pc and using them on diffrent pc?
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing failed FTP error

Hi All, Please check the below ftp related job, which is deleting the files from remote host. Problem is it is not capturing the ftp failure error, and the exit status is still '0' eventhough the deletable files are not present in remote location OR ftp credential are incorrect. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Compilation failed error

Hi, I have installed automake in one of HP-UX boxes using swinstall command. But when i issue automake it gives the following error message. Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/share/automake-1.10 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/PA-RISC2.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nestat error (getnameinfo failed)

# netstat -a > /test/a getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed command is working fine (as i get output in file /test/a) # dig -x 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> -x 10.203.xxx.xxx ;; global... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Meaning of error-reset-recovery parameter in OK

Hi Could any one explain the meaning & purpose of below mention parameters in layman term. Suppose if we set below paramet what will happen. error-reset-recovery=boot error-reset-recovery=sync (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ERROR: Copy of CD image failed

Hi I tried to boot as single-user mode on my sunfire t1000 to change my root password since the guy has left the company without give us the root password. anyhow since this machine not have attached with cd/dvd/usb so the only think that to do it through Jumpstart now i tried to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmishal
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ADSever error in ldap_connect failed

I have created a windows server 2008 r2 Active Directory Server where I will create users. These users will be AD owners of data created on SUSE-OES server. I am facing issue while while creating my suse-oes server account to ade server. When I try to join my linux box to this windows AD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies
BOOTCDBACKUP(1) 						   bootcd utils 						   BOOTCDBACKUP(1)

NAME
bootcdbackup - create a bootable offline backup of a unix system SYNOPSIS
bootcdbackup [-i] [-v] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url] [-nomount] [-2diskconf <file>] <dev> <name> <builddir> DESCRIPTION
bootcdbackup creates a offline backup from a installed system. You need a running bootcd to boot the system with. This CD/DVD is booted on the system and bootcdbackup creates a bootable CD/DVD with the bootcd kernel and the backup disk as tar-file. To restore or clone the system, boot the CD/DVD image and install it with bootcd2disk -c <name> on the system. bootcdbackup can try to discover the disk partition by searching for fstab on the given partition. A other way to backup the partition ta- ble is the program bootcdmk2diskconf which creates a configuration file on a running system. OPTIONS
-i The bootcdbackup runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which includes the file "bootcdbackup.conf", default is "/etc/bootcd". -url <url> If bootcdbackup is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcdbackup use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the configured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. -nomount The target disk should not be mounted and no search for fstab is done. --cpio Normally as backup tool star will be used if selinux files have to be backed up and cpio will be used if not. With this option the usage of cpio can be forced. --star Normally as backup tool star will be used if selinux files have to be backed up and cpio will be used if not. With this option the usage of star can be forced. -2diskconf <file> The parameter configures a bootcd2disk.conf for the restore of the system done by bootcd2disk. The configuration file can be created with the command bootcdmk2diskconf. <dev> Configures the device where bootcdbackup finds the file "fstab" and discover the configuration for the restore. <name> The name of the backup (no blanks!) is used on the creation time and to restore the backup with bootcd2disk -c <name>. <builddir> Builddir is an directory on the backup system where bootcdbackup build the backup CD/DVD. Space for the CD/DVD image, for compression and the data is needed! All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcdbackup.conf Configuration for bootcdbackup. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcdbackup.conf bootcdbackup.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcdbackup 2007-07-05 BOOTCDBACKUP(1)