Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newby needs help from an OpenSSL expert Post 302684525 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 9th of August 2012 05:06:41 PM
Old 08-09-2012
Your most welcome. Since md5 sums are always 16 chars we can just put 16 (20 octal) on the front and 111 zeros on the back.

Here is a simplier pipeline solution that dosn't need xxd:

Code:
( printf "\020" ;
  openssl md5 -binary teste1.txt
  for ((i=17;i<128;i++)) { printf "\0"; }
) | openssl rsautl -sign -raw -hexdump -inkey private.pem |
awk '{gsub(/-/," ");for(i=3;i<18;i++) printf "%s", toupper($i)}'

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a newby

I am new to using nawk. When I put the following line in script file test1.awk I get the results: { print NR, length($0),NF} >nawk -f test1.awk head.txt 1 63 5 2 2622 188 3 2166 155 4 3192 228 5 2679 192 ..... but if I modify the test1.awk file to look like this: BEGIN {FS = ","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: placroix1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Make file newby question

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm brand new to make files, and I was hoping someone could tell me where I'm messing up. I'm trying to build a cpp program I wrote for class on a linux system, i'm using winscp and puTTy. The program works fine when I build it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casper3912
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Newby: How to actually update software?!

Hi All - 1) I work with bigdate for a living, use lots of neat software, SAS, SQL Server, etc. I know how to get my data and such, analyze it, etc... 2) I use UNIX at work (Solaris mostly) and can easily navigate around Unix and get the job done, vi and sas -nodms are about my fav, and some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
6 Replies
xip(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    xip(1)

NAME
xip -- Create a signed archive for secure distribution SYNOPSIS
xip [options] --sign identity input-file ... output-archive DESCRIPTION
The xip tool archives one or more files or directories into a signed XIP file. A XIP file is an analog to zip(1), but allows for a digital signature to be applied and verified on the receiving system, before the archive is expanded. When a XIP file is opened (by double-clicking), Archive Utility will automatically expand it (but only if the digital signature is intact). To create a XIP file, you will need to have a certificate and corresponding private key -- together called an ``identity'' -- in one of your accessible keychains. To add a signature, specify the name of the identity using the --sign option. The identity's name is the same as the ``Common Name'' of the certificate. If you want to search for the identity in a specific keychain, specify the path to the keychain file using the --keychain option. Otherwise, the default keychain search path is used. xip will embed the signing certificate in the XIP file, as well as any intermediate certificates that are found in the keychain. The signature can optionally include a trusted timestamp. This is enabled by default when signing with a Developer ID identity, but it can be enabled explicitly using the --timestamp option. A timestamp server must be contacted to embed a trusted timestamp. If you aren't connected to the Internet, you can use --timestamp=none to disable timestamps, even for a Developer ID identity. ARGUMENTS AND OPTIONS
--sign identity-name The name of the identity to use for signing the archive. --keychain keychain-path Specify a specific keychain to search for the signing identity. --timestamp Include a trusted timestamp with the signature. --timestamp=none Disable trusted timestamp, regardless of identity. input-file ... The path to one or more files or directories to be archived. output-archive The path to which the signed archive will be written. Mac OS September 23, 2011 Mac OS