Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newby needs help from an OpenSSL expert Post 302684473 by fundidor on Thursday 9th of August 2012 04:07:04 PM
Old 08-09-2012
Helo Chubler_XL,

You saved my life, many, many thanks...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a newby

I am new to using nawk. When I put the following line in script file test1.awk I get the results: { print NR, length($0),NF} >nawk -f test1.awk head.txt 1 63 5 2 2622 188 3 2166 155 4 3192 228 5 2679 192 ..... but if I modify the test1.awk file to look like this: BEGIN {FS = ","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: placroix1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Make file newby question

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm brand new to make files, and I was hoping someone could tell me where I'm messing up. I'm trying to build a cpp program I wrote for class on a linux system, i'm using winscp and puTTy. The program works fine when I build it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casper3912
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Newby: How to actually update software?!

Hi All - 1) I work with bigdate for a living, use lots of neat software, SAS, SQL Server, etc. I know how to get my data and such, analyze it, etc... 2) I use UNIX at work (Solaris mostly) and can easily navigate around Unix and get the job done, vi and sas -nodms are about my fav, and some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
6 Replies
setregid(2)							System Calls Manual						       setregid(2)

Name
       setregid - set real and effective group ID

Syntax
       setregid(rgid, egid)
       int rgid, egid;

Description
       The real and effective group ID's of the current process are set to the arguments.

Supplying a value of -1 for either the real or effective group ID forces the system to substitute the current ID for the -1 parameter.

Environment
       BSD
       If  the	process is superuser, or and matches with the real group ID, the effective group ID, or the saved set-group-id (as described in ),
       then the real, effective, and saved set-group-id are set to and respectively.

POSIX
       SYSTEM-FIVE
       When your program is compiled in POSIX or SYSTEM-FIVE mode, the following semantics apply when using the function.

If the process is the superuser, the real, effective, and saved set-group-id (as described in ) are set to and respectively.

If the process is not the superuser, but the and matches the real group ID, the effective group ID (only in SYSTEM-FIVE	and  BSD  environ-
       ment), or the saved set-group-id, then the effective ID is set to The real group ID and the saved set-group-id are left unchanged.

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of zero (0) is returned.  Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       [EPERM]	      The  current process is not the superuser and the and specified does not match with the real group ID or the effective group
		      ID (only in SYSTEM-FIVE and BSD environment) or the saved set-group-id.

See Also
       getgid(2), setreuid(2), setgid(3)

setregid(2)