Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Peer Review File/Folder Script Post 302684361 by rwhite35 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 01:14:18 PM
Old 08-09-2012
In reply to Chubler_XL, I'm running Mac XServer 10.6 on a box and CentOS on a Virtual Server. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Review the Shell Script

Hi, I want to copy all the log file except current date log from one server to another server. Log File will be like this LOGNIG_08_11_2008*.log For this cd /test/log date -d '1 day ago' "+%d_%m_%Y" -->This command gives previous day scp LOGSNIG_date -d '1 day ago' "+%d_%m_%Y"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please, review script.

Hi guys, I 've been brewing this shellscript, but I can't test it until next tuesday. In the meantime I am too curious wether it will work or not, so I'd like to hear your comments. Background: I want to watch the user quota for mailboxes in various email-domains on a IMAP-server. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: algernonz
1 Replies

3. Solaris

peer-to-peer connection on solaris and windows

hi everyone. As a solaris/unix beginner, I am trying a peer-to-peer connection with my Sun and Windows. Here is my setup: -Windows XP -Sun System (Netra T1) which is connected to the console of the WinXP machine. -Windows XP has wireless connection which enables me to access internet ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a shell script for review.

I have written a bit of shell that lets our company check all our SSL certs. the aim is to have a list of servers and run this check from cron once a week. Our managers have decided that we will not run BASH, so it has been written in /bin/sh and only needs openssl, no perl, no bash, no extra... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please review script for search in all files

I have written a little script to scan users home directories for certain commands located inside a file. The script is setup to include a small help section and allows for passing a username argument to override scanning of all users home directories. A lot of searching and trial and error has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Firewall stopping Peer to Peer File sharing

I am looking for advice on a router. I am new to Linux and am trying to use Limewire and Ktorent and can make no connection. Limewire indicates I have a firewall. I have a Linksys router WRK54G and my guess is that is the problem. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get it to work using info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul K
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with Static route through peer to peer connection

Hi, I am trying to add a static route in one of 3 server (S3) so that I can access the main application server (S1). But problem is, the server (S3) where I am trying to add static route is connected with another server (S2) which is in same private network of application server (S1). I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to Folder script

I am trying to write a linux shell script that will take every file in a folder /home/user/desktop/fileme and place it in a folder with the same name as the folder before /home/user/desktop/fileme/stuff.txt /home/user/desktop/fileme/other.avi /home/user/desktop/fileme/last.jpg after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FustFust
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)