Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print the whole row in awk based on matched pattern Post 302684349 by redse171 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 01:02:02 PM
Old 08-09-2012
Hi Corona688,

Yes, it is a tab-separated file. but for the $3, the words are separated by n spaces.

Hi RudiC,

yes, i did..but the problem is, i have thousands of records that has different amount of words in it. If i use $4, it will only print out the 1st and 2nd word which is "Perox-6 OS". and if i use $NF, it will only print 1st and last words which is "perox-6 SV=3"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending with sed based on matched pattern

Hi, I want to know if you can input with sed but instead of specifing a line number like below I wan't to be able to insert based on a specific word or patttern. 10i\ Insert me after line 10 is this possible with sed or should I use AWK? Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: delete and print the only exact matched pattern

I am really need help with the regular expression in SED. From input file, I need to extract lines that have the port number (sport or dport) as defined. The input file is something like this time=1209515280-1209515340 dst=192.168.133.202 src=208.70.8.23 bytes=2472 proto=6 sport=80 dport=1447... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last matched pattern using perl

Hi, If there exist multiple pattern in a file, how can I find the last record matching the pattern through perl. The below script searches for the pattern everywhere in an input file. #! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl BEGIN { $pattern or warn"Usage: $0 -pattern='RE' \n" and exit 255;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

5. Linux

Perl program to print previous set of lines once a pattern is matched

Hi all, I have a text data file. My aim here is to find line called *FIELD* AV for every record and print lines after that till *FIELD* RF. But here I want first 3 to four lines for very record as well. FIELD AV is some where in between for very record. SO I am not sure how to retrieve lines in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched pattern in perl

Hi, I have script like below: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; while (<DATA>) { ( my ($s_id) = /^\d+\|(\d+?)\|/ ) ; if ( $s_id == 1 ){ s/^(.*\|)*.*ABC\.pi=(+|+)*.*ABC\.id=(\d+|+).*$/$1$2|$3/s; print "$1$2|$3\n"; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line between two patterns when a certain pattern matched

Hello Friends, I need to print lines in between two string when a keyword existed in those lines (keywords like exception, error, failed, not started etc). for example, input: .. Begin Edr ab12 ac13 ad14 bc23 exception occured bd24 cd34 dd44 ee55 ff66 End Edr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find matched pattern and print all based on certain conditions

Hi, I am trying to extract data based on certain conditions. My sample input file as below:- lnc-2:1 OnePiece tra_law 500 688 1 . . g_id "R792.8417"# tra_law_id "R792.8417.1"# g_line "2.711647"# KM "8.723820"# lnc-2:1 OnePiece room 500 510 1 . . g_id "R792.8417"# tra_law_id "R792.8417.1"#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
7 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)