Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script does not run in Chinese locale Post 302684315 by adam.wis on Thursday 9th of August 2012 11:57:02 AM
Old 08-09-2012
Thanks for the tip jim.

I found out what was causing the problem, related to what you said. I ran into this once before just not to this scale. It turns out that my script is in IBM-1047. When running this script in Chinese (whose codepage is IBM-935) there are problems with variant characters. In Chinese, all characters such as $, {, [, | are coded differently than in IBM-1047. I saw this in other languages when dealing with the piping character |. I just didnt expect to see this with so many other characters with the Chinese locale. Even variables do not start with $ they start with \ . In order to fix this I converted to the Chinese EBCDIC codepage and the script now runs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to run different shells which run different processes

Hi, Would like to ask the experts if anyone knows how to run a script like this: dtterm -title shell1 run process1 on shell1 dtterm -title shell2 run process2 on shell2 cheers! p/s: sorry if i used the wrong forum, quite concussed after watching world cup for several nights; but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mochi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chinese problem

if i am using Sun or HP UNIX , can they support chinese character? what should be done to make it possible ? jackchan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack_ty_chan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script that run with argument if not run from configuration file argument

Hello, Is there any method thorugh which script can take argument if pass otherwise if argument doesn't pass then it takes the argument from the configuration file i.e I am workiing on a script which will run through crontab and the script will chekout the code ,zip and copy to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)