Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd vi error
Operating Systems Solaris Odd vi error Post 302684277 by bitlord on Thursday 9th of August 2012 11:06:10 AM
Old 08-09-2012
Thank for your help
I thinking that as well and made the directory. vi seems to work now. I don't know why the directory was missing. The permission on the directory on anther server is drwxrwxrwt. What is the t at the end? I will have to look it up.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd file with no name

OS: Solaris 2.6 File with no name created Mar of 2000 - ls (with or without options) shows the file but no name associated with it. Example: ls -ltca -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 9721 Apr 16 2003 printcap -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 267 Apr 16 2003 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 258 Apr 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. Linux

odd telnet problem

Hey, I've got a RH9 box running telnet-server 0.17-25. Now i don't know what the problem is and i've been reading all night trying to find somthing like it. I am able to open a telnet session on the box using localhost and 10.10.10.6(machines address) but if i try to do it from another... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

even odd script

I need a unix script that check for even or odd. EXAMPLE:::: please enter the number to check: 12 the output: This is an even number it has to have prompts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyper2k2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd and even file names

Hello, I want to sort/identify 600 files according to odd or even numbers in the files names. How can I do this? The goal is to perform different ImageMagick operations based on even or odd numbers in the file names. The file names have this pattern: bdf0001.tif, bdf0044.tif and bdf0136.tif ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garganmou
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the odd one out!

Hi guys, I wondered if someone would be able to help me. I have a number of files which all have entries in them looking something like; And I'm looking for a way where by I can compare a number of these files and identify the odd numbers in the sequence. So for example if I had to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd error on grep

GNU/Linux 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5 I am debugging an existing script. I am getting an error Script_Error at line Program Completed... but, Line 202 is grep Script_Error $log_file ############################################################################## #### S C R I P T ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)