Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ending user sessions which have been on a program for longer than 1 hour Post 302684255 by 02JayJay02 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 10:40:22 AM
Old 08-09-2012
this is the format of the ps command I currently have,

Quote:
'format' is one or more of:
user ruser group rgroup uid ruid gid rgid pid ppid pgid sid taskid ctid
pri opri pcpu pmem vsz rss osz nice class time etime stime zone zoneid
f s c lwp nlwp psr tty addr wchan fname comm args projid project pset
Yes thats a good idea Ill incorportae that in the script somewhere

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an hour less in 24 hour system

My program: __________________________________ #!/bin/ksh DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` day=`date +%m/%d/%y` let h=$H-1 echo DAY $DAY echo H $H echo M $M echo day $day echo h $h _____________________________________ My result: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

program running for one user and not for other user

i have an application that i can call from command line i can pass arguments to the command specifying the server name, user name and password. when i give my login information such as username and password in the argument, the command gets executd. as an fyi, i can login using ssh to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max sessions a single user can've on Solaris server at the same time

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: its.simron
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Graphical program no longer works after Solaris 10 upgrade

This is a fairly complex issue. I do not have a lot of knowledge on X11. But here are the things. I am running a program called Synergy off a Solaris server. The server sits in a remote network and can be accessed via NAT. Using Putty, I will enable X11 forwarding and launch Synergy via Putty.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing old user directories that are no longer Users in /etc/passwd

I am new to shell scripting, and have not done much programming in several years. So I am very rusty at this at best. I know my way around the linux command line, but actually scripting is something I have not done too much of. I have been tasked to come up with a script that will pull all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuiend
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 hour time to 12 hour timing?

Hi friends, I want to convert 24 hour timing to 12 hour please help me... my data file looks like this.. 13-Nov-2011 13:27:36 15.32044 72.68502 13-Nov-2011 12:08:31 15.31291 72.69807 16-Nov-2011 01:16:54 15.30844 72.74028 15-Nov-2011 20:09:25 15.35096 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find number of ACTIVE SSH putty sessions, excluding where the user hopped on to a diff server

Hi - If iam logged on to server A, on 4 putty windows using SSH ... and out of these 4 logged-in sessions, in one of the sessions if i did SSH from server A to server B; i would now have 4 putty windows sessions ... of which 3 are actively logged on to Server A while 1 putty window is actively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk program date function no longer running

I work at a company that uses a program written in AWK to track various data and prepare reports. Worked with this program for three years plus (the author is no longer with us) and the YTD Production report will not return a report with a date after 123119. This is a problem. Below is the (I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulgdavitt
3 Replies
GNOME-SESSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GNOME-SESSION(1)

NAME
gnome-session - Start the GNOME desktop environment SYNOPSIS
gnome-session [-a|--autostart=DIR] [--session=SESSION] [--failsafe|-f] [--debug] [--whale] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-session program starts up the GNOME desktop environment. This command is typically executed by your login manager (either gdm, xdm, or from your X startup scripts). It will load either your saved session, or it will provide a default session for the user as defined by the system administrator (or the default GNOME installation on your system). The default session is defined in gnome.session, a .desktop-like file that is looked for in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/sessions, $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions and $XDG_DATA_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions. When saving a session, gnome-session saves the currently running applications in the $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/saved-session direc- tory. gnome-session is an X11R6 session manager. It can manage GNOME applications as well as any X11R6 SM compliant application. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --autostart=DIR Start all applications defined in DIR, instead of starting the applications defined in gnome.session, or via the --session option. Multiple --autostart options can be passed. --session=SESSION Use the applications defined in SESSION.session. If not specified, gnome.session will be used. --failsafe Run in fail-safe mode. User-specified applications will not be started. --debug Enable debugging code. --whale Show the fail whale in a dialog for debugging it. SESSION DEFINITION
Sessions are defined in .session files, that are using a .desktop-like format, with the following keys in the GNOME Session group: Name Name of the session. This can be localized. RequiredComponents List of component identifiers (desktop files) that are required by the session. The required components will always run in the ses- sion. Here is an example of a session definition: [GNOME Session] Name=GNOME RequiredComponents=gnome-shell;gnome-settings-daemon; The .session files are looked for in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/sessions, $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions and $XDG_DATA_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions. ENVIRONMENT
gnome-session sets several environment variables for the use of its child processes: SESSION_MANAGER This variable is used by session-manager aware clients to contact gnome-session. DISPLAY This variable is set to the X display being used by gnome-session. Note that if the --display option is used this might be different from the setting of the environment variable when gnome-session is invoked. FILES
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/config/autostart $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/config/autostart /usr/share/gnome/autostart The applications defined in those directories will be started on login. gnome-session-properties(1) can be used to easily configure them. $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/sessions $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions $XDG_DATA_DIRS/gnome-session/sessions These directories contain the .session files that can be used with the --session option. $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/saved-session This directory contains the list of applications of the saved session. BUGS
If you find bugs in the gnome-session program, please report these on https://bugzilla.gnome.org. SEE ALSO
gnome-session-properties(1) gnome-session-quit(1) GNOME GNOME-SESSION(1)