Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sqlplus update issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus update issue Post 302684233 by binlib on Thursday 9th of August 2012 10:09:04 AM
Old 08-09-2012
Either sqlplus is waiting for your input or busy updating. Try
Code:
truss -o log sqlplus ...

then check the log to see what sqlplus is waiting for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPLUS and update statements using bind variables

Hello- The code below works fine expect that it does not update the table CTL_INTERFACE "red highlight". Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks:D # coNNECT to the database and insert a row then get the new row id cycle_id=`sqlplus -S $XXX_USER/$XXX_PW@$XXX_CONNECT << EOF SET ECHO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

3. Solaris

NIS password file update issue

Hi Our nis server running on Sun solaris 8 operating system. I have added a new user in the nis passwd file & when I am trying to update the file from nis server by using following command: # cd /var/yp # make updated passwd It updates the passwd file but does not come back to command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

production issue - shell sqlplus processing sometime success sometime fail

Hi Expert, Below is a real production environment issue: we are using shell script to FTP to a remote server and fetch around 150 files every day, for each file we need to keep a entry inside ORACLE DB table, before insert into table, each file has a associated logid, which need to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Automatic update script issue (Ubuntu server)

Hi, I've created a very basic script to run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade unattended (run with cron) and save the logs. Though, it's not really a script, just a file containing the commands to run in order: pasteit .com/18601 I'm currently testing this and ran into some unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raxje
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

dns update issue

i have redhat service as public dns i have added new entry but when i reload the named service i got this error in log the working directory is not writable (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leganti
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as, 30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1 svnUpdate.sh : =============== #!/bin/bash branch=$1 svnuser=$2 svnpass=$3 cd ${branch}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies
OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)													    OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)

oci_set_module_name - Sets the module name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_module_name (resource $connection, string $module_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the module name for Oracle tracing. The module name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitoring such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $module_name - User chosen string up to 48 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the module name <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the module oci_set_module_name($c, 'Home Page'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the // modules in use: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select module from v$session; SEE ALSO
oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)