Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tomcat Monitoring log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tomcat Monitoring log file Post 302684143 by pamu on Thursday 9th of August 2012 08:04:36 AM
Old 08-09-2012
write one script to check your predefined errors...

it won't take much efforts....Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring log file

Hi, I ned to monitor the tomcat log file called "catalina.out" for "Out of memory" error. the script should monitor this file and send us the mail as soon as it finds the string "Out of memory" in the file. can ypu suggest me which is the best way to do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Tomcat Instance using shell script

Hello Forum, I have prepared script to monitor the tomcat status. Following is the script which will monitor tomcat instance.I need little modifcation in the script. My script will grep for java,the output of grep command will analyze by if condition under for loop and will send following echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed - log file monitoring script

hi Gurus, Need to pick your brains on this minor script project. I would like to continuously monitor a log file with sample log messages as below, and if PSOldGen percentage is either 99% or 100% for consecutively 10 times, alert someone. {Heap before gc invocations=46516: PSYoungGen ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenchen722
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tomcat log file in date format

Hi, I was asked to write a new logrotate file for tomcat logs..in which one of the requirement is to have date and time appended at the end of the file name. I have tried dateext and dateformat-%Y-%m-%d-%s but these directives didn't have the option for HH:MM. I am very new to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Tomcat..Unable to deploy application remotely in tomcat

Hi, We have upgrade tomcat from 5.0.20 to 7.0.33 and made changes to server.xml file according to newer version.. how ever the upgrade went fine and now i am unable to deploy application remotely.. it is giving 403 access denied error.. we have seperate appbase directory mentioned in server.xml..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Tomcat Service with shell script

Hello Forum, I have prepared script to monitor the tomcat status. Following is the script which will monitor tomcat instance. I need little modifcation in the script. My script will grep for process, the output of grep command will analyze by if condition under for loop and will send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script for a log file

Hi, I need to get a script working to monitor a log file and throw an alert via mailx as soon as a particular error is encountered. I do not want repeatative email notifications of same error so simply cat logfile and grepping the error would not work. Here is what i planned but it seems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshan.171188
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alternative to tail -n -0 -F for monitoring live log file

Hello, I have been working on script which need to generate an alert based upon live logs. If string is found then an alert mail must triggered. tail -n -0 -F works fine to redirect the each latest line from live logs file to grep a pattern for matching but it seems to be not working on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Monitoring script for Log file

Hi, Iam new to unix , plz help me to write below script. I need to write a script for Monitoring log file when any error occurs it has to send a mail to specified users and it should be always pick latest error not the existing one and the script should be able to send mail all errors (more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij05
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script for continuously monitoring log file

Hi I have written below log monitoring script to egrep multiple words and redirect the output to a text file and its working fine but I want to add some more below given functionality to it, which is very advance and im not very good in it, so please help if you can :) I am egrepping all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scazed
1 Replies
fitscheck(1)							   PyFITS 3.0.7 						      fitscheck(1)

NAME
fitscheck - script to detect and fix FITS standards violations SYNOPSIS
fitscheck [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
fitscheck is a command line script based on pyfits for verifying and updating the CHECKSUM and DATASUM keywords of FITS files. itscheck can also detect and often fix other FITS standards violations. fitscheck facilitates re-writing the non-standard checksums originally gen- erated by pyfits with standard checksums which will interoperate with cfitsio. fitscheck will refuse to write new checksums if the checksum keywords are missing or their values are bad. Use --force to write new check- sums regardless of whether or not they currently exist or pass. Use --ignore-missing to tolerate missing checksum keywords without com- ment. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display terse usage information (help). -k [standard | nonstandard | either | none], --checksum=[standard | nonstandard | either | none] Choose FITS checksum mode or none. Defaults to standard. -w, --write Write out file checksums and/or FITS compliance fixes. -f, --force Do file update even if original checksum was bad. -c, --compliance Do FITS compliance checking, fix if possible. -i, --ignore-missing Ignore missing checksums. -v, --verbose Generate extra output. EXAMPLES
% fitscheck --checksum either --write *.fits Verify and update checksums, tolerating non-standard checksums, updating to standard checksum. % fitscheck --write --force *.fits Write new checksums, even if existing checksums are bad or missing. % fitscheck --compliance *.fits Verify standard checksums and FITS compliance without changing the files. % fitscheck --checksum nonstandard *.fits Verify original nonstandard checksums only. % fitscheck --checksum none --compliance --write *.fits Only check and fix compliance problems, ignoring checksums. % fitscheck *.fits Verify standard interoperable checksums. % fitscheck --checksum none --write *.fits Delete checksum keywords. fitscheck June 2012 fitscheck(1)