Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sqlplus update issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus update issue Post 302684051 by aashish.sharma8 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 06:21:11 AM
Old 08-09-2012
use below code to trace error.
Seems like sqlplus is unable to connect to database may be some issue with userid/password or SID.
Code:
sqlplus -s name/pass@schema<<EOF 1>error.txt
your query..
EOF

then check the error.txt for the error occured

Also try to write the sql query in a seperate file sqlquery.txt and execute it as below
Code:
sqlplus user/pass@SID @sqlquery.txt

and see what happens...

Last edited by aashish.sharma8; 08-09-2012 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Added info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQLPLUS and update statements using bind variables

Hello- The code below works fine expect that it does not update the table CTL_INTERFACE "red highlight". Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks:D # coNNECT to the database and insert a row then get the new row id cycle_id=`sqlplus -S $XXX_USER/$XXX_PW@$XXX_CONNECT << EOF SET ECHO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

3. Solaris

NIS password file update issue

Hi Our nis server running on Sun solaris 8 operating system. I have added a new user in the nis passwd file & when I am trying to update the file from nis server by using following command: # cd /var/yp # make updated passwd It updates the passwd file but does not come back to command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

production issue - shell sqlplus processing sometime success sometime fail

Hi Expert, Below is a real production environment issue: we are using shell script to FTP to a remote server and fetch around 150 files every day, for each file we need to keep a entry inside ORACLE DB table, before insert into table, each file has a associated logid, which need to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Automatic update script issue (Ubuntu server)

Hi, I've created a very basic script to run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade unattended (run with cron) and save the logs. Though, it's not really a script, just a file containing the commands to run in order: pasteit .com/18601 I'm currently testing this and ran into some unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raxje
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

dns update issue

i have redhat service as public dns i have added new entry but when i reload the named service i got this error in log the working directory is not writable (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leganti
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as, 30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1 svnUpdate.sh : =============== #!/bin/bash branch=$1 svnuser=$2 svnpass=$3 cd ${branch}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies
rt-setup-database(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					      rt-setup-database(8)

NAME
rt-setup-database - Set-up the database for Request Tracker SYNOPSIS
rt-setup-database --action ... OPTIONS
action Several actions can be combined using comma separated list. init Initialize the database. This is combination of multiple actions listed below. Create DB, schema, setup acl, insert core data and initial data. upgrade Apply all needed schema/acl/content updates (will ask for version to upgrade from) create Create the database. drop Drop the database. This will ERASE ALL YOUR DATA. schema Initialize only the database schema To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datadir' option below. acl Initialize only the database ACLs To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datadir' option below. coredata Insert data into RT's database. This data is required for normal functioning of any RT instance. insert Insert data into RT's database. By default, will use RT's installation data. To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datafile' option below. datafile file path of the data you want to action on e.g. "--datafile /path/to/datafile" datadir Used to specify a path to find the local database schema and acls to be installed. e.g. "--datadir /path/to/" dba dba's username dba-password dba's password prompt-for-dba-password Ask for the database administrator's password interactively skip-create for 'init': skip creating the database and the user account, so we don't need administrator privileges root-password-file for 'init' and 'insert': rather than using the default administrative password for RT's "root" user, use the password in this file. perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-setup-database(8)