Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting adding a number with sed or awk. Post 302683835 by pelama on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 04:32:45 PM
Old 08-08-2012
nawk. Still give me same problem

Code:
# time nawk -F": " -v add=9 -v vals=telephoneNumber,emNotifNumber,billingnumber,BillingNumber '
    BEGIN{OFS=": ";split(vals,tmp,","); for(val in tmp) V[tmp[val]]}
    $1 in V { $2=add $2}
    /=/ {for(str in V) gsub(str"=", str"="add)} 1' userdb
nawk: syntax error at source line 4
 context is
            >>>  /= <<<
nawk: bailing out at source line 4
nawk -F": " -v add=9 -v   userdb  0.00s user 0.00s system 0% cpu 0.009 total

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating a number using sed/awk

Hi all, I'm trying to truncate a number like the following: 0001060407013900501048239559900600504083525826350002050354795057 I would like to create an output which puts carriage returns every so many characters, giving an output such as: 0001 060407 0139 0 05 010482395599 0060... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a new field using sed or awk?

I have a bcp file that contains 10 fields. These fields are separated by a tab. How can I add my name as a new field in the 8th position for every record? I've been playing w/ sed and awk but can't seem to figure this out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasabune
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed - getting string instead of number

Hi! I am writing a script handling downloading list of files and I have to check whether file is present locally and if not finished than continue downloading. To do so I have to compare sizes of remote file and local file. To check remote file size I have to parse something like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrwath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk-adding numeric to a column

I have a txt file as follows Code: Oct 1 file1 4144 Oct 1 file23 5170 Oct 2 file5 3434 Oct 21 file56 2343 I need to add a new column by marking the right log file from current directory. For example populate like this. Please not in the second columt for "1" it has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Adding carriage returns to file using sed/awk

Hello, I need help adding carriage returns at specific intervals (say 692 characters) to a text file that's one continous string. I'm working in AIX5.3. Any quick help is appreciated. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd_joy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column with the row number using awk

Is there anyway to use awk to add a first column to my data that automatically goes from 1 to n , where n is the numbers of my rows?:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
4 Replies

7. Linux

Adding a prefix to a column using awk/sed commands

Hello, I am a newbie to linux and struggling to find a better way to append a column in a text file. Here is the file i want to modify: It has 8 columns (and thousands of rows). I want to append the first column by adding "chr" infront of the numbers. Some rows have a string in the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Sed/awk/getting line number from file

I Have file1 with below lines : #HostNameSelection=0 :NotUsed #HostNameSelection=1 :Automatic #HostNameSelection=3 :NotForced I have file2 which has similar lines but with different values I want to copy the changes from file1 to file2 ,line by line only if line begins with '#'. for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvr
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding number based on pattern using awk

Hi, I want to add numbers based on pattern . in the below ouput file , i want number to be added after pattern line ---- , ie 1 and next is also 1 and next is 2 and next is 3 after adding 4 numbers say output is 7 should be redirected to another file . like this it should add 4 digits after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text from a variable using sed (Or awk) with punctuation

Hi All, I would have though this would have been simple, but... I have text in a variable that I need to insert into a bunch of other files... The text is simple: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
2 Replies
DWARF_GET_AT_NAME(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				      DWARF_GET_AT_NAME(3)

NAME
dwarf_get_ACCESS_name, dwarf_get_AT_name, dwarf_get_ATE_name, dwarf_get_CC_name, dwarf_get_CFA_name, dwarf_get_CHILDREN_name, dwarf_get_DS_name, dwarf_get_DSC_name, dwarf_get_EH_name, dwarf_get_END_name, dwarf_get_FORM_name, dwarf_get_ID_name, dwarf_get_INL_name, dwarf_get_LANG_name, dwarf_get_LNE_name, dwarf_get_LNS_name, dwarf_get_MACINFO_name, dwarf_get_OP_name, dwarf_get_ORD_name, dwarf_get_TAG_name, dwarf_get_VIRTUALITY_name, dwarf_get_VIS_name -- retrieve the symbolic names of DWARF constants LIBRARY
DWARF Access Library (libdwarf, -ldwarf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libdwarf.h> int dwarf_get_ACCESS_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_AT_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_ATE_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_CC_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_CFA_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_CHILDREN_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_DS_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_DSC_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_EH_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_END_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_FORM_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_ID_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_INL_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_LANG_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_LNE_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_LNS_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_MACINFO_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_OP_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_ORD_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_TAG_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_VIRTUALITY_name(unsigned val, char **str); int dwarf_get_VIS_name(unsigned val, char **str); DESCRIPTION
These functions return the symbolic name of a numeric DWARF constant. Argument val specifies the numeric value whose symbolic name is desired. Argument str should point to a location which will hold the returned NUL-terminated string containing the symbolic name of the specified value. The list of functions and the DWARF constants that they accept are: dwarf_get_ACCESS_name() DW_ACCESS_* constants. dwarf_get_AT_name() DW_AT_* constants. dwarf_get_ATE_name() DW_ATE_* constants. dwarf_get_CC_name() DW_CC_* constants. dwarf_get_CFA_name() DW_CFA_* constants. dwarf_get_CHILDREN_name() DW_CHILDREN_* constants. dwarf_get_DS_name() DW_DS_* constants. dwarf_get_DSC_name() DW_DSC_* constants. dwarf_get_EH_name() DW_EH_PE_* constants. dwarf_get_END_name() DW_END_* constants. dwarf_get_FORM_name() DW_FORM_* constants. dwarf_get_ID_name() DW_ID_* constants. dwarf_get_INL_name() DW_INL_* constants. dwarf_get_LANG_name() DW_LANG_* constants. dwarf_get_LNE_name() DW_LNE_* constants. dwarf_get_LNS_name() DW_LNS_* constants. dwarf_get_MACINFO_name() DW_MACINFO_* constants. dwarf_get_OP_name() DW_OP_* constants. dwarf_get_ORD_name() DW_ORD_* constants. dwarf_get_TAG_name() DW_TAG_* constants. dwarf_get_VIRTUALITY_name() DW_VIRTUALITY_* constants. dwarf_get_VIS_name() DW_VIS_* constants. RETURN VALUES
These functions return DW_DLV_OK on success. If the DWARF constant denoted by argument val is not recognized, these function return DW_DLV_NO_ENTRY. SEE ALSO
dwarf(3) BSD
April 22, 2011 BSD