Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get started with Unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get started with Unix Post 302683491 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 06:08:08 AM
Old 08-08-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i get unix started

i am a total newbie...and want to learn unix....firstly...how do i get unix....if it is available on the internet then where is it?...and how do i get this to work then.....plz plz help asap...really desperate now thanx in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyamanot
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help getting started

Dear all, I just found out that my company is thinking of installing a unix server and is considering either sun or ibm. The thing is that i want to learn these two systems before they take a decision and maybe it will be a big career booster. The problem is that i don't know anything about... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patslaiby
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting started with VPS management through UNIX

Hi everybody, I have a VPS account and I have hit my limit for domains to manage through Plesk. I now need to begin administering new domains through UNIX. I've never used UNIX before but do have some experience with command line environments. I was able to connect today (I think). So the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snarky
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Started with Unix

I am new to Unix and want to learn it thoroughly. From where can I download books/e-books and tutorials for free of charge:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Started with Unix....

Hi all I'm a beginner in Unix world.I want to know from where i should start Book,E-Book.web site ,...etc by the way how many version does unix have? i should install which version? How to install it? and very important,is there any simulator for training purpose? for example can i install unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZarrinPour
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

I'm new and I am trying to get started with OS-X

I bought my first Mac a year ago December, and I love it. I have been interested in trying to write my own programs and don't even know where to start. I have never written any software before and was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on any books or other good websites that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleWoman815
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting started

hi world, I am trying to learn how to program in c, I've gotten a few books and have been reading them, one even came with bloodshed dev-c compiler, it is not working, every time I build the hello world program it always comes back saying " G__~1.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsayres
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting Started in UNIX - incorporating C coding

I'm just starting a 'serious' coding in UNIX, so what I need is to run a C code on UNIX, What do I have to install (app) prior to coding/running the code and how do I compile that code? can I write my c code in UNIX or I need to have a visual studio for this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just started using UNIX, im at the basics and my scripts broken.

echo "Hi $username, guess what my favourite colour is!" count=0 while ] do read colour if then $count=1 echo "See ya later!" elif then $count=1 echo "You guessed correctly! Great job!"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solomonsnare
6 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Just getting started with UNIX programming and administration

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my very first post, one i think i will look back at many years from now and have nothing to regret about. This is simply because i recently installed Linux (Ubuntu) on my system and downloaded a book titled, The Unix Programming Environment. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: despiragado
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)