Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help mounting nfs on boot on Solaris 11 Post 302683413 by lpic.lt on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 02:00:25 AM
Old 08-08-2012
shows if everything is ok with daemons
Code:
svcs -xv

shows if nfs bind service is up. (as i recall it should be on port 111)
Code:
netstat -f inet -an

do you have firewall installed?
Code:
cat /etc/ipf/ipf.conf

or any other...
This User Gave Thanks to lpic.lt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 8 NFS mounting problem

While mounting nfs file system I get the following error . # mount -F nfs jewelex:/back2 /oback2 nfs mount: jewelex:/back2: Permission denied Following is the permission for oback2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Apr 9 18:39 oback2 Directory permission on jewelex server is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
4 Replies

2. Linux

NFS not mounting during kickstart

Hi, Re-building linux server from a kickstart image on cdrom. We have a kickstart server. the cdrom contacins the kickstart ks.cfg file and does a NFS mount from an IP to load the iso images and other files needed during the kickstart (re-build) Now for some reason the kickstart stops and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

3. Solaris

problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line: share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this: + When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS not mounting using ipaddress of client

Dear All, I have an NFS Server and client. I am trying to include the ipaddress of the client in servers exports file /etc/exports. In this case , I could not mount , saying permission denied. But when I give * symbol in the place of ipaddress ( Global , any IPS ) it is mounting. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS mounting from client pc

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mounting issue

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting 2012R2 NFS Share on Solaris 10

Hi all, new here. I'm attempting to mount an NFS share I've created on a 2012r2 esx VM on my solaris 10 vm, I'm using the following command: mount 2012box:/sharename /mnt and I get the following result: nfs mount: mount: /mnt: Operation not supported Both vms can ping one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting NFS

Hi, I am having some issues mounting NFS files. for some reason the mount -F nfs is not being recognized.. bash-3.2# mount -F nfs -o rw 192.168.245.129:/mnt/nfs1/ /mnt UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-20135: FSType nfs not recognized UX:vxfs mount: INFO: V-3-20147: Usage: mount {special |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
5 Replies
ippool(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          ippool(4)

NAME
ippool, ippool.conf - IP pool file format SYNOPSIS
ippool.conf DESCRIPTION
The format for files accepted by ippool(1M) is described by the following grammar: line ::= table | groupmap . table ::= "table" role tabletype . groupmap ::= "group-map" inout role number ipfgroup tabletype ::= ipftree | ipfhash . role ::= "role" "=" "ipf" . inout ::= "in" | "out" . ipftree ::= "type" "=" "tree" number "{" addrlist "}" . ipfhash ::= "type" "=" "hash" number hashopts "{" hashlist "}" . ipfgroup ::= setgroup hashopts "{" grouplist "}" | hashopts "{" setgrouplist "}" . setgroup ::= "group" "=" groupname . hashopts ::= size [ seed ] | seed . size ::= "size" "=" number . seed ::= "seed" "=" number . addrlist ::= range [ "," addrlist ] . grouplist ::= groupentry [ ";" grouplist ] | groupentry ";" | addrmask ";" | addrmask ";" [ grouplist ] . setgrouplist ::= groupentry ";" [ setgrouplist ] . groupentry ::= addrmask "," setgroup . range ::= addrmask | "!" addrmask . hashlist ::= hashentry ";" [ hashlist ] . hashentry ::= addrmask . addrmask ::= ipaddr | ipaddr "/" mask . mask ::= number | ipaddr . groupname ::= number | name . number ::= digit { digit } . ipaddr = host-num "." host-num "." host-num "." host-num . host-num = digit [ digit [ digit ] ] . digit ::= "0" | "1" | "2" | "3" | "4" | "5" | "6" | "7" | "8" | "9" . name ::= letter { letter | digit } . The IP pool configuration file is used for defining a single object that contains a reference to multiple IP address/netmask pairs. A pool can consist of a mixture of netmask sizes, from 0 to 32. In the current release, only IPv4 addressing is supported in IP pools. The IP pool configuration file provides for defining two different mechanisms for improving speed in matching IP addresses with rules. The first, table, defines a lookup table to provide a single reference in a filter rule to multiple targets. The second mechanism, group-map, provides a mechanism to target multiple groups from a single filter line. The group-map command can be used only with filter rules that use the call command to invoke either fr_srcgrpmap or fr_dstgrpmap, to use the source or destination address, respectively, for determining which filter group to jump to next for continuation of filter packet pro- cessing. Pool Types Two storage formats are provided: hash tables and tree structure. The hash table is intended for use with objects that all contain the same netmask or a few, different sized-netmasks of non-overlapping address space. The tree is designed for supporting exceptions to a covering mask, in addition to normal searching as you would do with a table. It is not possible to use the tree data storage type with group-map configuration entries. Pool Roles When a pool is defined in the configuration file, it must have an associated role. At present the only supported role is ipf. Future devel- opment might see further expansion of the use of roles by other sections of IPFilter code. EXAMPLES
The following examples show how the pool configuration file is used with the ipf configuration file to enhance the succinctness of the lat- ter file's entries. Example 1: Referencing Specific Pool The following example shows how a filter rule makes reference to a specific pool for matching of the source address. pass in from pool/100 to any The following pool configuration matches IP addresses 1.1.1.1 and any in 2.2.0.0/16, except for those in 2.2.2.0/24. table role = ipf type = tree number = 100 { 1.1.1.1/32, 2.2.0.0/16, !2.2.2.0/24 }; Example 2: ipf Configuration Entry The following ipf.conf excerpt uses the fr_srcgrpmap/fr_dstgrpmap lookups to use the group-map facility to look up the next group to use for filter processing, providing the call filter rule is matched. call now fr_srcgrpmap/1010 in all call now fr_dstgrpmap/2010 out all pass in all group 1020 block in all group 1030 pass out all group 2020 block out all group 2040 An ippool configuration to work with the preceding ipf.conf segment might look like the following: group-map in role = ipf number = 1010 { 1.1.1.1/32, group = 1020; 3.3.0.0/16, group = 1030; }; group-map out role = ipf number = 2010 group = 2020 { 2.2.2.2/32; 4.4.0.0/16; 5.0.0.0/8, group = 2040; }; FILES
o /dev/ippool o /etc/ipf/ippool.conf o /etc/hosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipf(1M), ipnat(1M), ippool(1M), ipf(4), attributes(5), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 30 Apr 2004 ippool(4)