Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Resolve variable inside another variable Post 302683333 by bartus11 on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 05:37:08 PM
Old 08-07-2012
This won't work for you?
Code:
Table_1=tbl1_c1
Table_2=tbl2_c1
Query="$Table_1 Join $Table_2"
echo "$Query"

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolve a Variable

Hi I have a variable which is a path ie: UBERROR=/cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error is there anyway I can get the output of an echo to read: #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/error instead of #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error Many thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

evaluating a variable inside a variable

Hi there, i think im getting myself a little confused and need some help :wall: I am reading in a bunch of variables to my script from an external file and need to validate that a value has been set for each so if you can imagine, the user is required to pass in 4 values... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolve Environment Variable

I am tyring to resolve an environment variable that is part of a string I selected from our database. Simply put, I want cd to this folder before checking if a file exists. The variable $in_loc has the value '$PS_HOME/int/VSP' where $PS_HOME is the environment variable. I am using cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: consult_jb
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolve parameter value stored in a variable

Hi All, I have below variable, xyz=\$AI_XFR Now, if you will run the below command => echo $xyz $AI_XFR It is returning hardcoded string value. Whereas in environment, there is value in it. Like below: => echo $AI_XFR /home/aditya/sandbox/xfr/ I need to resolve this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgangwar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot resolve $variable in awk

My script ---------- for i in `cat n`;do export k=`echo "CSN: "$i` //combining CSN: and value from n echo "$k" awk ''{print "CSN: "$0;}'{_=29}_&&_--' file1|tail -1 >> file2 done In the above script i cannot able to resolve $k in awk command file n contains ------------ 0000 1111 2222... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohana29_1988
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print value for a $variable inside a $variable or file

Hi guys, I have a file "abc.dat" in below format: FILE_PATH||||$F_PATH TABLE_LIST||||a|b|c SYST_NM||||${SRC_SYST} Now I am trying to read the above file and want to print the value for above dollar variables F_PATH and SRC_SYST. The problem is it's reading the dollar variables as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
5 Replies
RDF::Query::Node(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     RDF::Query::Node(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Query::Node - Base class for RDF Nodes VERSION
This document describes RDF::Query::Node version 2.908. METHODS
"is_variable" Returns true if this RDF node is a variable, false otherwise. "compare ( $a, $b )" Returns -1, 0, or 1 if $a is less than, equal to, or greater than $b, respectively, according to the SPARQL sorting rules. "from_trine ( $node )" Returns a new RDF::Query::Node object with the same value as $node, a RDF::Trine::Node object. This essentially promotes $node to a node object with extra functionality provided by the RDF::Query package (like SPARQL-defined ordering). "explain" Returns a string serialization of the node appropriate for display on the command line. This method is primarily used by the "explain" method of the subclasses of RDF::Query::Plan. FUNCTIONS
"compare ( $node_a, $node_b )" Returns -1, 0, or 1 if $node_a sorts less than, equal to, or greater than $node_b in the defined SPARQL ordering, respectively. This function may be used as the function argument to "<sort">. "iri ( $iri )" Returns a RDF::Query::Node::Resource object with the given IRI value. "blank ( $id )" Returns a RDF::Query::Node::Blank object with the given identifier. "literal ( $value, $lang, $dt )" Returns a RDF::Query::Node::Literal object with the given value and optional language/datatype. "variable ( $name )" Returns a RDF::Query::Node::Variable object with the given variable name. AUTHOR
Gregory Todd Williams <gwilliams@cpan.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-31 RDF::Query::Node(3pm)