Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing a list of data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parsing a list of data Post 302683255 by baika on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 12:33:28 PM
Old 08-07-2012
Thanks! It worked using || as middle operator.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data for certain conditions

Hi guys, I have got this working OK but I am sure there is a more efficient/elegant way of doing it, which I hope you can help me with. It can be done in whatever is most suitable i.e perl/awk.. Any suggestions are welcome and many thanks in advance. What I require is to extract... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PAW
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

More efficent Data Parsing

I am looking for a way to parse out some numbers from text. This is an excerpt from a larger script that I am trying to make run a little smoother. Specifically this script is used to Capture DV video streams on a linux machine from the terminal. The setup does 6 streams at once, and this part... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing data

Hi all , I have a file with billing CDR records in it. I need to parse that information (row format) . The purpose is to compare full content. The example I have given below is a single line record but it has two portions, (1) the line start with “!” and end with “1.2.1.8” and (2) second part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi friends, I need to parse the following data in the given format and get the desired output. I need a function, which takes the input as a parameter and the desired output will be returned from the function. INPUT(single parameter as complete string) A;BCF;DFG;FD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.1988
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Parsing data

I have below string Transaction_ID:SDP-DM-151204679 , Transaction_DateTime:2011-02-11 00:00:15 GMT+05:30 , Transaction_Mode:WAP , Circle_ID:4 , Circle_Name:BJ ,Zone: , CustomerID:B_31563486 , MSISDN:7870904329 , IMSI:405876122068099 , IMEI: , Sub_Profile:Pre-Paid , CPID:Nazara , CPNAME:Nazara ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data parsing

Hi, I do have a data file which is divided into compartments by ---------. I would like to extract (parse) some of the data and numbers either using awk or sed The file has the format: CATGC Best GO enrichment: Genes/ORF that have the motifs (genes are sorted by max(pa+pd+po)): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
DROP 
OPERATOR(7) SQL Commands DROP OPERATOR(7) NAME
DROP OPERATOR - remove an operator SYNOPSIS
DROP OPERATOR [ IF EXISTS ] name ( { lefttype | NONE } , { righttype | NONE } ) [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP OPERATOR drops an existing operator from the database system. To execute this command you must be the owner of the operator. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the operator does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator. lefttype The data type of the operator's left operand; write NONE if the operator has no left operand. righttype The data type of the operator's right operand; write NONE if the operator has no right operand. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the operator. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the operator if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the power operator a^b for type integer: DROP OPERATOR ^ (integer, integer); Remove the left unary bitwise complement operator ~b for type bit: DROP OPERATOR ~ (none, bit); Remove the right unary factorial operator x! for type bigint: DROP OPERATOR ! (bigint, none); COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP OPERATOR statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE OPERATOR [create_operator(7)], ALTER OPERATOR [alter_operator(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP OPERATOR(7)