Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Command Post 302683045 by raj_saini20 on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 06:39:36 AM
Old 08-07-2012
in awk we have sub() and gsub function

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic awk question...getting awk to act on $1 of the command itself

I have a script problem that I am not able to solve due my very limited understanding of unix/awk. This is the contents of test.sh awk '{print $1}' From the prompt if I enter: ./test.sh Hello World I would expect to see "Hello" but all I get is a blank line. Only then if I enter "Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for simple join command but based on 2 columns

input1 a_a a/a 10 100 a1 a_a 20 200 b1 b_b 30 300 input2 a_a a/a xxx yyy a1 a1 lll ppp b1 b_b kkk ooo output a_a a/a 10 100 xxx yyy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to compare a file with set of files in a directory using 'awk'

Hi, I have a situation to compare one file, say file1.txt with a set of files in directory.The directory contains more than 100 files. To be more precise, the requirement is to compare the first field of file1.txt with the first field in all the files in the directory.The files in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk field to a command line executed within awk

Hi, I am trying to pass awk field to a command line executed within awk (need to convert a timestamp into formatted date). All my attempts failed this far. Here's an example. It works fine with timestamp hard-codded into the command echo "1381653229 something" |awk 'BEGIN{cmd="date -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxer
4 Replies
SFDDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							SFDDIFF(1)

NAME
sfddiff - compare two font files SYNOPSIS
sfddiff [--help] [--ignorehints] [--ignorenames] [--ignoregpos] [--ignoregsub] [--ignorebitmaps] [--exact] [--warn] [--merge outfile] [--usage] [--version] fontfile1 fontfile2 DESCRIPTION
The program sfddiff compares two font files, which may be in any format fontforge(1) can read. It will notice the following differences: 1) Characters are present in one font but not in the other. 2) Characters are present in both fonts but have different sets of outlines or references. The outlines may be compared so that only exact matches are accepted, or so that a fuzzier match is used. Similarly references may need to match exactly, or may be matched after an unlink. This fuzzy comparison is useful when comparing truetype and postscript fonts, or when comparing a font with references to one with- out. 3) The postscript hints or truetype instructions are different. 4) The font names (the truetype `name' table) differ. 5) The kerning (and other `gpos' information) differs. 6) The ligatures (and other `gsub' information) differ. 7) Any bitmap strikes present in one font but not in the other. 8) Any bitmap characters present in one strike of one font but in the equivalent strike of the other. 9) Any bitmap characters which differ. OPTIONS
--help Provide a description with a list of the available options. --ignorehints Suppress the reporting of hint/instruction differences. --ignoregpos Suppress the reporting of kerning (and other `gpos') differences. --ignoregsub Suppress the reporting of ligature (and other `gsub') differences. --ignorenames Suppress the reporting of name string differences. --ignorebitmaps Suppress the reporting of bitmap differences. --exact Require outlines to match exactly. --warn Warn if the outlines/references are slightly different. --merge outfile Store a merged version of the two fonts into the specified output file. The merged data will be based on sfdfile1, as well as any characters present in sfdfile2 but not in sfdfile1 will be added, and the outlines of sfdfile2 will be placed in the background. Finally, for any characters with different outlines or references the background of the character will contain the outlines from sfdfile2 (references will be unlinked into outlines and those outlines also will be added). --usage Display the usage description. --version Display the current version. SEE ALSO
fontforge(1) The HTML version of the fontforge manual at: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by George Williams (gww@silcom.com). Manual page heavily rewritten and modified to use standard -man(5) macros by R.P.C. Rodgers (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov), 23 October 2002. 8 April 2006 SFDDIFF(1)