Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add something with awk or sed Post 302683005 by raj_saini20 on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 05:54:10 AM
Old 08-07-2012
please provide the sample input and desired output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to add the string(without sed & awk) into the middle of file

Hi, I have tried many times to add the string into the first line of the file or the middle of the file but could not find the solution. I first tried by $echo "paki" >> file This code only append paki string at the end of file "file" but how can i add this "paki" into the first line or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali hussain
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add row, awk, sed ?

I wrote script in bash which generates this report: phrase1;phrase2;phrase3;phrase4;phrase5;phrase6;phrase7;phrase8 phrase9;phrase2;phrase10;phrase4;phrase11;phrase12;phrase13;phrase14 phrase15;phrase16;phrase17;phrase18;phrase19;phrase20;phrase21;phrase22 ... I would like add name only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to add field in a text file

Hi there, I have a csv file with some columns comma sepated like this : 4502-17,PETER,ITA2,LEGUE,92,ME - HALF,23/05/10 15:00 4502-18,CARL,ITA2,LEGUE,96,ME - HALF,20/01/09 14:00 4502-19,OTTO,ITA2,LEGUE,97,ME - MARY,23/05/10 15:00 As you can see the column n. 7 is a timestamp column, I need... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add lines with sed or awk

I want to get an output from the input as below: Input: ASDDS14 RXOTX-39-8 AB0991C TRY1900 AEDFS12 RXOTX-39-9 TK0991C TRY800 HSVDS11 RXOTX-389-10 LG0991C TRY1900 BSDDS09 RXOTX-394-0 AA0066A TRY800 OUTPUT: ASDDS14 RXOTS-39-8-0 AB0991C TRY1900... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK or SED to add string at specific position

Greetings. I don't have experience programing scripts. I need to insert a string in a specific position of another string on another file (last.cfg), for example: File last.cfg before using script: login_interval=1800 lcs.machinename=client04 File last.cfg after using script:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesuke
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record

Hi Experts, I am new to shell scripting. Need some help in doing one task given by the customer. The sample record in a file is as follows: 3538,,,,,,ID,ID1,,,,,,,,,,, It needs to be the following: 3538,,353800,353800,,,ID,ID1,,,,,COLX,,,,,COLY, And i want to modify this record in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed - add space between dot and letter

I need to change . into . so that e.g. A.Jbecomes A. JI have tried sed 's/\./\.\ /g' but that didn't work. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add prefix using sed or awk from cat the file

I need the use sed or AWK using cat the file Node1 TDEV RW 1035788 TDEV RW 1035788 Server1 TDEV RW 69053 Server2 TDEV RW 69053 TDEV RW 103579 Server3 TDEV RW 69053 server4 RDF1+TDEV RW 69053 RDF1+TDEV RW 517894 RDF1+TDEV RW 621473 server6 TDEV RW 34526 TDEV RW 34526 (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to find pattern and add priffix

Original File Server1|poweredOn|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Need Output Server1|poweredOn|DR|T1|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Conduction to check find the string "SFCHT1" and "SR" and add prefix has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
4 Replies
runtest(1)						      General Commands Manual							runtest(1)

NAME
runtest - the DejaGnu test driver program SYNOPSIS
runtest [ options ] DESCRIPTION
DejaGnu is a framework for running test suites on GNU tools. It is written in expect, which uses TCL (Tool command language). runtest is the test driver program; use it to control what tests to run, and variations on how to run them. You can find a comprehensive description of DejaGnu and runtest in The DejaGnu Testing Framework or its Info version, dejagnu.info. OPTIONS
--all Print all test output to screen. By default, only unexpected results are displayed. --baud rate Set the baud rate for a serial line connection. Some serial interface programs (like tip) don't use this value but instead use a separate initialization file. --connect type The type of connection to use. The choices are rlogin, telnet, rsh, kermit, tip and mondfe. --debug Turn on expect internal debugging output. All output is logged to a file called dbg.out. The output of the --strace also goes into this file. --help Prints out a help screen and then exits. --host type The configuration string for the host. --ignore test1.exp test2.exp ... Do not run the specified tests. Electronic mail addresses to receive test results. --name hostname The network hostname of the target board. --objdir path path is a directory containing compiled test code. --outdir directory The name of a directory for test log output. --reboot Reboot the target board when runtest initializes (if supported). --srcdir path path is a directory containing test directories. --strace N Turns on expect internal tracing to N levels deep. --target type The configuration string for the target. --tool toolname Specify the tool to be tested. toolname controls the test suite applied, and the associated initialization module. --verbose, -v Turns on more debugging output from test cases and DejaGnu utility code. Use more than once to increase output further. --version, -V Prints out the versions of DejaGnu, expect and Tcl. -D[number] Activate the Tcl debugger.number can be either 1 or 0. If it is 1, then the expect shell will break when it starts to run. All ^C's drop DejaGnu back to the debugger prompt. A 0 starts DejaGnu like normal, but a ^C drops to the debugger prompt. Any file name on the command line is assumed to be a subset of the test names to run. Usually these are the names of the expect test driver, ie... special.exp. Makefile style variables are used to specify tool names and their flags; these and other configuration dependent values are saved in the file site.exp, created during configuration. EXIT CODES
runtest sets the exit code to 1 if any of the tests failed, or sets it to 0 if all the tests passed. SEE ALSO
The DejaGnu Testing Framework (dejagnu.info). This is the DejaGnu manual; its source is the SGML files doc/*.sgml. in the DejaGnu distri- bution. AUTHOR
Rob Savoye (rob@welcomehome.org) 08 Dec 1998 runtest(1)