Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting export of a variable isn't working Post 302682943 by IMPe on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 04:30:02 AM
Old 08-07-2012
Thanks for your answers, but the export command out of my script is not working. If i set the export m in the console it is working fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

grep -r isn't working

Hi, I was trying to use this particular option of grep grep -r 'Search_pattern' * This command should ideally search all the occurrences of Search_pattern recursively within a directory & print it on shell prompt. But this command is not doing what is expected. It just displays nothin! ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Sendmail version ? and why -d isn't working

Hi, I am trying to figure out which version I am running of sendmail, but I am buffed. This is what I get sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null sendmail: illegal option -- d Telneting to my host: ~]$ telnet localhost 25 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why isn't this working? tsch-doit file

#! /usr/tsch foreach f (`cat contacts.list`) awk '{printf ($2 in a) ? ","$5 : (NR>1) ? RS $2 FS $5 : $2 FS $5; a} END{print e}' $f > $f_inter.map end My file: cat contacts.list is just a list of files. I get this error: doit_contacts2intermap.sh: Command not found. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

a very basic sed one-liner...that isn't working :-(

Greetings all. :) I would like to use sed to join all non-blank lines together in a particular file. I was thinking I could do this by simply replacing the terminating, new-line character on every line which is not blank, but I must be missing something in my sed line: $ sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk isn't working

awk 'BEGIN{print '1.2449'**0.5}' awk: line 1: syntax error at or near * can someone help me troubleshoot the above command? i'm trying to do the square root of 1.2449. this command works on Red Hat, but for some reasonn isn't working on kubuntu (latest version). shell is bash. i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab - runninf a java script just isn't quite working...

hi gurus. I have a little script that runs java from a certain directory. This script runs fine when run manually but when I try to schedule it, it fails to find the script. little_script.sh.. /<directory of java>/java -classpath... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrCarter
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String == isn't working in [[-test

Hi. I'm new to this forum, my English perhaps is not so good, but here is my question: In bash you can use ] for tests, and how I understand it the variable names should be expanded automatically. So this should give "yes": xx=hello $ ] && echo yes || echo no no # not giving "yes" These two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable not working after su

I have a requirement to change user inside a shell script and execute group of commands. I have done it many times earlier but never came across the issue with exporting variables. Strangely if a var is exported afetr su, it is not working where as if it is does outside su, it works. Another issue... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiharitha
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod working in sudo run script but chown isn't

My git user has permission in sudoers to run a wrapper script to move files into my webroot. Everything is working fine except for the chown line. After the script has run, the files ar still root:root instead of apache:apache. Scratching my head...:confused: #!/bin/sh echo echo "****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Syslog daemon isn't working

Hi All, I've tried starting syslogd on our hp-ux 11.31 server. However, it is not getting started nor it is updating the syslog file. There is no space issue also. However, the mail.log file is approx 2GB, can that be of any issue. Please find the details below: # /sbin/init.d/syslogd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies
GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)						    Git Manual						    GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)

NAME
git-cvsexportcommit - Export a single commit to a CVS checkout SYNOPSIS
git cvsexportcommit [-h] [-u] [-v] [-c] [-P] [-p] [-a] [-d cvsroot] [-w cvsworkdir] [-W] [-f] [-m msgprefix] [PARENTCOMMIT] COMMITID DESCRIPTION
Exports a commit from Git to a CVS checkout, making it easier to merge patches from a Git repository into a CVS repository. Specify the name of a CVS checkout using the -w switch or execute it from the root of the CVS working copy. In the latter case GIT_DIR must be defined. See examples below. It does its best to do the safe thing, it will check that the files are unchanged and up to date in the CVS checkout, and it will not autocommit by default. Supports file additions, removals, and commits that affect binary files. If the commit is a merge commit, you must tell git cvsexportcommit what parent the changeset should be done against. OPTIONS
-c Commit automatically if the patch applied cleanly. It will not commit if any hunks fail to apply or there were other problems. -p Be pedantic (paranoid) when applying patches. Invokes patch with --fuzz=0 -a Add authorship information. Adds Author line, and Committer (if different from Author) to the message. -d Set an alternative CVSROOT to use. This corresponds to the CVS -d parameter. Usually users will not want to set this, except if using CVS in an asymmetric fashion. -f Force the merge even if the files are not up to date. -P Force the parent commit, even if it is not a direct parent. -m Prepend the commit message with the provided prefix. Useful for patch series and the like. -u Update affected files from CVS repository before attempting export. -k Reverse CVS keyword expansion (e.g. $Revision: 1.2.3.4$ becomes $Revision$) in working CVS checkout before applying patch. -w Specify the location of the CVS checkout to use for the export. This option does not require GIT_DIR to be set before execution if the current directory is within a Git repository. The default is the value of cvsexportcommit.cvsdir. -W Tell cvsexportcommit that the current working directory is not only a Git checkout, but also the CVS checkout. Therefore, Git will reset the working directory to the parent commit before proceeding. -v Verbose. CONFIGURATION
cvsexportcommit.cvsdir The default location of the CVS checkout to use for the export. EXAMPLES
Merge one patch into CVS $ export GIT_DIR=~/project/.git $ cd ~/project_cvs_checkout $ git cvsexportcommit -v <commit-sha1> $ cvs commit -F .msg <files> Merge one patch into CVS (-c and -w options). The working directory is within the Git Repo $ git cvsexportcommit -v -c -w ~/project_cvs_checkout <commit-sha1> Merge pending patches into CVS automatically -- only if you really know what you are doing $ export GIT_DIR=~/project/.git $ cd ~/project_cvs_checkout $ git cherry cvshead myhead | sed -n 's/^+ //p' | xargs -l1 git cvsexportcommit -c -p -v GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-CVSEXPORTCOMMIT(1)