Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx Post 302682893 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 03:38:33 AM
Old 08-07-2012
its because of your mutt is old version

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating a formatted message

I'm trying to write a shell script that will validate a format of a data file we recieve every night. What I'm looking for is to ensure there are 8 pipes "|" before an email address and 9 pipes after the email address. I was also looking to do this in one of two ways - a) Grabbing random... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrianOsburn
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a report -Formatted printing -Urgent

Hi, My aim is to generate a report using shell script. There are various formats fields coloumns etc. I want to print in a single line (row) but in different coloumn as given below: field1 field2 field3 field4 ....... ....... ...... ....... The spacing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send message in html format using shell script

I want to send email message in html format using unix shell script. I use sendEmail command in my script to send email message. The syntaxt of the sendEmail command is as follows: $sendEmail -f <email> -t <email> -u $subject -s smtpserver:port -o message-file=html I should be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baps
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send the email in formatted way

Legends, I have following entries in /tmp/a.txt file GAP Ric XEOJ181477500.W Flag2 5 Sym XEO1418J775-E msg SEQ_NO:159 db:5 diff 154 process msg GAP Ric XEOJ181400.W Flag2 19 Sym XE418J815-E msg SEQ_NO:101 db:5 diff 96 process msg GAP Ric XEOJ18140.W Flag2 18 Sym XEO18J855-E msg SEQ_NO:88... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
21 Replies
Ns_ConnReturnStatus(3aolserver) 			   AOLserver Library Procedures 			   Ns_ConnReturnStatus(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ConnReturnBadRequest, Ns_ConnReturnForbidden, Ns_ConnReturnInternalError, Ns_ConnReturnNoResponse, Ns_ConnReturnNotFound, Ns_ConnReturn- NotImplemented, Ns_ConnReturnNotModified, Ns_ConnReturnOk, Ns_ConnReturnStatus, Ns_ConnReturnUnauthorized, Ns_RegisterRedirect - Routines to return simple standard responses SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ConnReturnBadRequest(conn, msg) int Ns_ConnReturnForbidden(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnInternalError(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnNoResponse(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnNotFound(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnNotImplemented(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnNotModified(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnOk(conn) int Ns_ConnReturnStatus(conn, status) int Ns_ConnReturnUnauthorized(conn) void Ns_RegisterRedirect(server, status, url) ARGUMENTS
Ns_Conn conn (in) Pointer to open connection. char *msg (in) String with additional message text. int status (in) Integer HTTP status code. char *url (in) String which specifies internal redirection url. char *server(in) Virtual server. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These routines are used to generate complete responses, including headers, approriate status codes, content types, and possibly short HTML content messages for the most common HTTP error or status responses. They each coorespond to a particular HTTP status code, for example, Ns_ConnReturnNotFound generates an HTTP 404 "Not Found" response. They all return NS_OK if the response was sent or NS_ERROR if an under- lying routine failed. The default behavior is to return an internal, server generated response possibly with a short English language message, for example "The requested URL cannot be accessed by this server". This behavior can be modified by calling the Ns_RegisterRedirect to redirect responses internally for the cooresponding HTTP status code to another URL on the server. The "redirects" server config section can be used to map these redirects at startup int Ns_ConnReturnBadRequest(conn, msg) Returns an HTTP 400 response with the short HTML message "Invalid Request: The HTTP request presented by your browser is invalid." The optional msg string, if present, is also included in the message body. int Ns_ConnReturnForbidden(conn) Returns an HTTP 403 response with the short HTML message "Forbidden: The requested URL cannot be accessed by this server." int Ns_ConnReturnInternalError(conn) Returns an HTTP 500 response with the short HTML message "Server Error: The requested URL cannot be accessed due to a system error on this server." int Ns_ConnReturnNoResponse(conn) Equivalent to Ns_ConnReturnStatus(conn, 204). int Ns_ConnReturnNotFound(conn) Returns an HTTP 404 response with the short HTML message "Not Found: The requested URL was not found on this server." int Ns_ConnReturnNotImplemented(conn) Returns an HTTP 404 response with the short HTML message "Not Implemented: The requested URL or method is not implemented by this server." int Ns_ConnReturnNotModified(conn) Equivalent to Ns_ConnReturnStatus(conn, 304). int Ns_ConnReturnOk(conn) Equivalent to Ns_ConnReturnStatus(conn, 200). int Ns_ConnReturnStatus(conn, status) Generates a response with the given HTTP status with no content. int Ns_ConnReturnUnauthorized(conn) Returns an HTTP 401 response with the short HTML message "Access Denied: The requested URL cannot be accessed because a valid user- name and password are required." As "WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=server realm" header is also included in the response. void Ns_RegisterRedirect(server, status, url) Redirect the above responses from the given server for the given status code from the simple internal messages described above to the given internal url. The redirect is performed using Ns_ConnRedirect. SEE ALSO
Ns_ConnFlush(3), Ns_ConnRedirect(3), Ns_ConnSetRequiredHeaders(3), Ns_ConnQueueHeaders(3), ns_return(n) KEYWORDS
connnection, response AOLserver 4.0 Ns_ConnReturnStatus(3aolserver)