Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting phone number, its message and assigning them into 2 variables then screen output. Post 302682757 by testcase on Monday 6th of August 2012 11:02:05 PM
Old 08-07-2012
Getting phone number, its message and assigning them into 2 variables then screen output.

Hi Everyone,

I have a flatfile "inbox.txt" which contains some information:

Location 0, folder "Inbox", SIM memory, Inbox folder
SMS message
SMSC number : "+24800000023"
Sent : Sat 04 Aug 2012 09:01:00 PM +0700
Coding : Default GSM alphabet (no compression)
Remote number : "+24705320988"

This is message 1

Location 1, folder "Inbox", SIM memory, Inbox folder
SMS message
SMSC number : "+24800000023"
Sent : Sat 04 Aug 2012 09:02:36 PM +0700
Coding : Default GSM alphabet (no compression)
Remote number : "+24705320988"

This is message 2

2 SMS parts in 2 SMS sequences

I just want to get phone' number and its message and output them to screen. it should be output as :

+24705320988
This is message 1
+24705320988
This is message 2

Could someone help me by shell script? . Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning nawk output to variables

I do a lot of command line scripting to capture data from files or other command output. I've checked in a number of Unix and scripting books but for the life of me I can't find out how to asign field data from nawk output into variables that I can manipulate later. For example, reading a two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveje0711
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables from standard output

What am I doing wrong? I was searching for the answer to assigning variables from output. I found this simple response ls -l apply_want.m | read perms links owner group size mtime1 mtime2 mtime3 file this should allow me to echo the variables echo "$perms | $links | $owner | $group |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables not assigning in a function

Hi GUYS, I have function. I am assigning a line count to count variable. But it is throwing an error at this line. function_recur (){ #file being created in this function lenth = `wc -l function_outpu.dat`; echo $lenth; } this is the error i got rec.ksh: lenth: not found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script :- Phone number validation

Hi All, I am doing a perl script validation for Phone numbers. The normal phone number format is 01-32145. I need to do two validations for the phone number 1) A valid phone number can have at least two digits as prefix and at least five digits as postfix. e.g. 01-01011 2) A... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in assigning output of n commands to n variables automatically inside a for loop

Please help me to automatically assign the output of awk command to the variables cs3, cs4, cs5 and cs6 using a for loop. The below code is not working. for i in 3 4 5 6 do cs$i=`awk -F"|" 'BEGIN{sum=0}{sum=sum+$'$i'}END{printf("%d\n", sum)}' css` done echo $cs3 $cs4 $cs5 $cs6 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing phone number with multiple delimiters

Hello all I have a data base of information that is formatted like so: JSD4863 XXX-XX-XXXX DOE, JOHN C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 I need the last four digits of the phone number. However, many lines contain 'garbage data' that I'm not interested in. So i used a 'for loop'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartSometimes
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

10. Web Development

Auto phone number search

Hi. I want to search 10 phone numbers automatically in Facebook and store the result in some format. Can anyone help me with the script. I am using kali Linux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: looksthatmatter
2 Replies
mhpath(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhpath(1)

NAME
mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
mhpath [+foldername] [msgs] [-help] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. DESCRIPTION
Use the mhpath command to display the full pathname of the specified folder. If you do not specify a folder, mhpath displays the pathname of the current folder. If you specify a message with its message number, mhpath displays the pathname of the specified message. You can also specify a number of messages, or a range of messages. If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, mhpath displays as much of the specified range as possible. Additionally mhpath can take a keyword or a sequence name. The following keywords are acceptable: The first message in the folder. The last message in the folder. The message after the last message in the folder. You cannot use new as part of a message range. The current message in the folder. The message before the current message. The message after the current message. All of the messages in the folder. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory EXAMPLES
In the following example, mhpath displays message 3 in the folder +inbox: % mhpath +inbox 3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox The following example dis- plays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder: % mhpath 2-5 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5 FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1) mhpath(1)