Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using multiple pipe output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using multiple pipe output Post 302682629 by jrymer on Monday 6th of August 2012 02:00:52 PM
Old 08-06-2012
It did not work. When I run sff extract I get something like file.MID38.fastq which is why I think it did not work, at first I was getting an error saying that it was not a directory. I removed the
Code:
iname=${fname/.sff/.fastq/}   oname=${fname/.sff/.fasta/}

and I did not get any error but it still did not change the fastq to a fasta.

Last edited by jrymer; 08-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: forgot code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to use pipe() in multiple threads?

Hi, I have a program that runs two threads in stead of two processes. I want to use pipe to redirect the output of the first thread to the input of the second thread. One thread is continuously writing to a pipe, and the other thread will read from the pipe. How do I do that? Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wminghao
2 Replies

2. Programming

output string message to pipe

i am new to linux programming. can anyone answer my question? there is one pipe file "my_pipe" prw-r--r-- 1 john rnd 32 Aug 17 19:45 my_pipe how to output string message (char*) to this pipe? which API should I use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pipe output of here-document!!

anybody can help, plz: I want to pass the output of "ls" to "grep": ftp -n host <<! USER user passwd ls bye ! | grep file exit 0 It does not work!! Any idea?? Sami (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sami98
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pipe output to two files

I am using grep and I want the output to go into two files without going to the screen. I used tee to get the output into two files, but it is also putting the output on the screen which i do not want. Can this be fixed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way of using rm command on output of pipe

Hi, I am having a list of directories with different login id's. My requirement is that i need to list the directories of my id and need to delete them. So i am using following code ls -ltr ¦ grep userid ¦ rm -rf But this is not working. So is there any way of doing it. Please note... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to pipe output from one file into multiple files

Hi All. Thanks for your help in advance. I have a requirement to examine the number of delimiters in each record of a file. If the record has the expected number of delimiters it should be passed into a 'good' file. If it does not, the record should be passed into a 'bad' file. I have been able... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codestar1
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pipe > output

I can use pipe output to a file. For example ./somescript.sh > output.txt But for example if the output from ./somescript.sh is slow. like if it prints one line every minute then output.txt is not updated every minute. Lines are written to output.txt in one go, hence have to wait for the whole... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe delimited output

Hi All, i have the following command df|awk '{print $5}'|grep /| egrep -v '^/$|/usr|/opt|/var/log|/home|/tmp' output looks like: /filesystem/number1 /filesystem/number2 /filesystem3 /possiblymoreoutput i want the output to look like the below (either in a file or to output to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coulering pipe output

I'm trying to get an output to echo on the next line in a given color and outputted next to a label. Sorry if that's a bit vague, see below. #!/bin/bash YELLOW=$(tput setaf 3 && tput bold) echo -n 'plaintext' | openssl md2 || read hash echo "$YELLOW Hash:$hash" But I can't seem to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
srf2fastq(1)							   Staden io_lib						      srf2fastq(1)

NAME
srf2fastq - Converts SRF files to Sanger fastq format SYNOPSIS
srf2fastq [options] srf_archive ... DESCRIPTION
srf2fastq extracts sequences and qualities from one or more SRF archives and writes them in Sanger fastq format to stdout. Note that Illumina also have a fastq format (used in the GERALD directories) which differs slightly in the use of log-odds scores for the quality values. The format described here is using the traditional Phred style of quality encoding. OPTIONS
-c Outputs calibrated confidence values using the ZTR CNF1 chunk type for a single quality per base. Without this use the original Illumina _prb.txt files consisting of four quality values per base, stored in the ZTR CNF4 chunks. -C Masks out sequences tagged as bad quality. -s root Generates files on disk with filenames starting root, one file per non-explicit element in the SRF/ZTR region (REGN) chunk. Typi- cally this results in two files for paired end runs. The filename suffixes come from the names listed in the SRF region chunks. This option conflicts with the -S parameter. -S Splits sequences into regions, but sequentially lists each sequence region to stdout instead of splitting to separate files on disk. This option conflicts with the -s parameter. -n When using -s the filename suffixes are simply numbered (starting with 1) instead of using the names listed in the SRF region chunks. -a Appends region index to the sequence names. Ie generate "name/1" and "name/2" for a paired read. -e Include any explicit sequence (ZTR region chunk of type 'E') in the sequence output. The explicit sequence is also included in the quality line too. Currently this is utilised by ABI SOLiD to store the last base of the primer. -r region list Reverse complements the sequence and reverses the quality values for all regions in the region list. This is a comma separated list of integer values enumerating the regions, starting from 1. Note that this option only works when either -s or -S are specified. EXAMPLES
To extract only the good quality sequences from all srf files in the current directory using calibrated confidence values (if available). srf2fastq -c -C *.srf > runX.fastq To extract a paired end run into two separate files with sequences named name/1 and name/2. srf2fastq -s runX -a -n runX.srf To extract a paired end run as a single file, alternating forward and reverse sequences, with the second read being reverse complemented. srf2fastq -S -r 2 runX.srf > runX.fastq AUTHOR
James Bonfield, Steven Leonard - Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute December 10 srf2fastq(1)